About the Job
Join our Dietary Team in a "back of house" role to make a difference in our patient's lives!
You will be maintaining kitchen work areas, equipment and utensils. General responsibilities are described below, but MedStar/Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position.
Only High School Diploma and a great attitude! needed!
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Seeking a positive, respectful professional with good communication skills. Honesty and ethics are key.
Basic computer skills preferred.
Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
2. Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams as appropriate. Participates in meetings, serves on committees and represents the department and hospital/facility in community outreach efforts as appropriate.
3. Performs other duties as assigned.
4. Washes dishes by hand or places them in a dishwashing machine. May wash pots.
5. Washes work tables, walls, refrigerators and meat blocks.
6. Sweeps, mops, cleans and vacuums floors.
7. Removes trash and garbage to designated areas.
8. Transfers supplies and equipment within and between storage and work areas such as pantry and dish room.
9. Cleans equipment using specific chemicals to ensure sanitary standards.
10. Polishes silver.
11. Attends all allergy and food borne illness in-service training.
12. Complies with all MedStar/Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
13. Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
14. Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
15. Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
16. Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.