About the Job
Full-Time, Stable Food Service Position with No Late Nights!
You will be responsible for effectively communicating with patients, staff and guests of the hospital to ensure accuracy and timelines of patient meal trays and floor stock. You’ll be delivering meal carts to patient units, aiding in the meal set-up at bedside, discarding of soiled trays, taking inventory of nourishment area, stocking the nourishment area and accurately operating technical equipment. Additionally, you will own sanitation activities, including dishware, equipment cleaning and janitorial tasks. You will also assist with cashiering in the cafeteria. General responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but MedStar/Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position.
High School Diploma and about 1 year of customer/food service experience preferred!
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Positive, respectful professional with good communication skills (written and verbal). Honesty and ethics are key.
Basic computer skills preferred.
Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
Basic food-handling skills needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
2. Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams as appropriate. Participates in meetings, serves on committees and represents the department and hospital/facility in community outreach efforts as appropriate.
3. Performs other duties as assigned.
4. Delivers carts to the correct floor or patient area.
5. Serves trays to patients and determines if they need anything else.
6. Assists customers with opening containers and cutting food when requested.
7. Collects trays and places garbage and trash in designated containers.
8. Records the amount and type of special food items served to patients.
9. Brews coffee and tea. May be required to restock other beverage areas.
10. Interacts with customers in the serving and dining areas.
11. May take orders in an Expressly For You (EFY) environment.
12. May assemble and deliver patient trays in an EFY environment.
13. Replenish floor stock.
14. Attends all allergy and food borne illness in-service training.
15. Complies with all MedStar/Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
16. Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
17. Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
18. Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
19. Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.