About the Job
DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Medical City Healthcare
Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Under the direct supervision of the Division Manager of Administrative and Office Services, this position provides administrative and secretarial support for vice presidents and the department. In addition to word processing, filing, scheduling, the administrative assistant may perform duties such as financial record keeping, payroll, coordination of meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies, coordinating department mailings, and working on special projects. Deals with a diverse group of external callers and visitors, as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload, recommends changes in office practices and procedures.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for different leaders of the department. Maintains calendars and contact lists for the Vice President and department staff.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for the Vice President and the department. Retrieves information from files when needed. Establishes, develops, maintains and updates library of journals and magazines appropriate to department.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls. Responds to regularly recurring requests for information.
- Sorts and distributes mail for the Vice President and other department members.
- Answers phones for the Vice President and the department. Takes messages or fields/answers routine or non-routine questions. Works in cooperation with other Administrative and Executive Assistants to cover phones.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments, facilities and outside agencies, including high-level staff such as CEOs, COOs, CMOs, CFOs, CNOs, Vice Presidents, etc.
- Handles confidential information and non-routine information and explains departmental policies when necessary.
- Works independently and within the team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. as requested by the Vice President or other department members. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Process travel expense reports from Vice President and department staff through Concur.
- Logs invoices when received, obtain approval signatures and forward to accounting.
- Order supplies for the department as needed.
- Work schedule: in-office, Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm, 1 hour for lunch.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 -4 years required
- College graduate preferred
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Position continually requires poise, tact and diplomacy; business attire.
- Work requires attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials.
- Must be able to establish priorities, multitask and meet deadlines.
- Must have strong working knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in the Microsoft Office suite of programs (Word, Outlook Calendar, Excel, etc.)
At Medical City, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a plan just for you. You can enroll in several different medical plans, if eligible, which includes vision and dental. You can even select additional à la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service), flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, participate in our tuition reimbursement/assistance and student loan repayment programs, paid personal leave, identity theft protection discounts; auto, home, and life insurance options, and adoption assistance.
About Medical City Healthcare:
Medical City Healthcare is one of the region’s largest, most comprehensive health care providers and includes 14 hospitals, 7 off-campus emergency rooms, more than 50 ambulatory sites, more than 7,000 active physicians and 15,000 employees in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
As part of HCA (NYSE: HCA), we lead the industry in putting patients first. Our physicians, staff and hospital leaders are committed to offering patients and their families hope and healing through quality care and advanced technology. To that end, we work every day to ensure an environment where our physicians provide strength, expertise and experience, and our partners are entrusted to act with absolute integrity.
Medical City Healthcare is committed to providing excellent care that is convenient and accessible. Our focus on patient safety and quality is grounded in evidence-based medicine and is delivering better outcomes for our patients every day. As part of our continuous quality improvements, Medical City Healthcare benchmarks our rankings in emergency department wait times, door-to-balloon times and key service line indicators as reported by CMS.
Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted promptly for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.