Medical Assistant, PreSurgical Testing (Westchester)
Northern Westchester Hospital Mount Kisco, NY
About the Job
Performs registration duties and maintains patient’s
Performs related duties, as required.
Administers patient care, maintains medical charts, performs receptionist and registration duties and maintains inventory and supplies.
- Administers direct patient care under direct supervision of the Nurse Practitioner / Physician.
- Takes and records vital signs, growth measurements, administers PPDs and draws blood; and
- Assists clinical staff with examination and treatment.
- Registers patients and maintains record of services rendered;
- Ensures the organization of medical charts;
- Ensures all required documentation is available in the medical record;
- Distributes reports and correspondence; files, photocopies and processes forms related to medical charts.
*ADA Essential Functions
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Successful completion of a six (6) month to one (1) year course in Medical Assisting at an accredited school, required. Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), preferred.
- Prior related experience, preferred.
- Data entry skills (80 kpm), required.