Medical Assistant (Certified/Registered) - HCMG Women's Center, $1000 Sign-on bonus
About the Job
Employment Type:Full time
Must be a Certified Medical Assistant through NCCT, NHA or AAMA; or a Registered Medical Assistant through AMT; or a Certified Nursing Assistant to be considered for the position.
As a part of Trinity Health, with 89,000 colleagues and more than 20,000 physicians / clinicians, we are united to serve our communities and advance our mission: "to serve in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming, healing presence within our communities" and our vision "to be the trusted health partner for life."
Please visit our Career Center Home Page for more about our benefits.
- Registers/inputs patient demographics, Schedules/reschedules appointments as required, via PM (Practice Management) Scheduling System.
- Interviews patients/guarantors; Ensures smooth patient flow throughout the day. Answers phone calls in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner.
- Demonstrates reliability in accepting and fulfilling various roles in the overall staffing plan.
- Renders consistent professional care to all patients.
- Assists physician/conducts treatments/procedures.
- Maintains all equipment in proper working and observes safe and accurate use of all medical devices.
- Administers injections as requested by Physician.
- Performs Waived Laboratory / Moderate Complexity tests following guidelines established CLIA.
* Spanish speaker preferred
* Grade of 80% or higher on Basic Medical Assistant test required
* Minimum of 1 year experience in medical office setting preferred
* Knowledge of CPT and ICD9 codes and health care insurance preferred
* Ability to calm patients by being supportive is necessary
* Good interpersonal skills for effective communication are necessary
* High school diploma or equivalent is required
* Graduate of an accredited medical assistant program required
* National Registered or Certified Medical Assistant required
* Current BLS from American Heart Association certification required
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.