Meadow Gold has immediate job openings for skilled Plant Maintenance Technicians, responsible for the care and maintenance of all property and production assets. This position ensures the continued operation of machinery and equipment in an electrical, mechanical, refrigeration, pneumatic and hydraulic capacity by completing planned and unplanned maintenance requirements on production, packaging, processing equipment and utility systems.
Meadow Gold is a farmer-owned brand of Dairy Farmers of America (DFA), a dairy marketing cooperative owned by more than 12,500 family farmers. Our mark matters and it represents the wholesomeness of dairy that we share with our communities and loved ones. DFA manufactures a variety of dairy products, including cheese, butter, fluid milk, ice cream, dairy ingredients and more, under well-known and established regional brands.
OUR TECHNICIANS FOR THIS POSITION CAN MAKE:
- $30.27 to $31.30 per hour based on experience.
- This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus of $5,000. This pays out $2,500 after the first 90 days on the job and another $2,500 after 180 days.
Days off subject to change
- Union pension plan and 401(k)
- Competitive pay
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Career growth opportunities – we promote from within!
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Service recognition and employee rewards*
- Employee referral program
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Uniforms provided
- Work for dairy farm families
*varies by company and governing CBAs
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Three years of experience required in a maintenance role within a manufacturing facility
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screenings including drug, background and criminal checks
- Minimum one year experience in a maintenance role within a manufacturing facility, preferably food and beverage industry
- Minimum one year experience with one or more technical experiences: Electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic, computer-controlled equipment, PLC and/or HVAC
- Minimum one year experience with a variety of equipment including lubricating, cleaning, material handling, motor control, relay control, process control and packaging equipment
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Must be able to handle basic hand tools
- Must be able to stand, walk, kneel and bend required for virtually the entire shift; occasionally required to climb or balance
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Must be able to work in a cold, wet environment with moderate to high noise volume
- May experience some exposure to fumes airborne particles, chemicals or allergens
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends, and holiday
An Equal Opportunity Employer