About the Job
About Thermo Fisher Scientific NZ
Over 350 employees bring a wide variety of skills and expertise to deliver world-class science products and solutions. Our manufacturing and distribution sites in Auckland and Christchurch (and satellite sites scattered across the country) cover a vast product portfolio, including lab equipment and chemicals, life sciences, diagnostics, microbiology and analytical instruments. We deliver science solutions to a wide range of key markets such as academia and research; diagnostics and healthcare; environmental; food, dairy and beverage; industrial process; life sciences; pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical.
Manufacturing Technician (12 Month Fixed Term)
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Position Location: Penrose
How you'll make an impact:
Work as part of a motivated, dynamic and diverse team to manufacture products that are used in the process of drug manufacturing to improve the human condition and ultimately save lives.
What will you do?
- Day-to-day production activities in conformance with specifications, standard operating procedures, and cGMP/ISO principles.
- In-process sampling and monitoring to assure batches meet specification.
- Record information in real-time, accurate, legible and correct to guarantee traceability of Batch Manufacturing Records (BMRs) and QC test sheets.
- Trouble shoot processes, procedures and product issues with the assistance of others.
- Review and edit manufacturing documentation including batch manufacturing records (BMRs) and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Share your ideas for practical process improvement to advance quality, enhance customer allegiance and improve productivity.
- Ensure a safe and healthy workplace by adhering to EHS policies and procedures.
How will you get here?
- Academic qualifications –Minimum NCEA Level Two, or Sixth Form Certificate, with some Science and Mathematics related subjects, or a tertiary qualification preferably in Science.
- Experience working in a manufacturing or laboratory environment is preferred
What will put you ahead of the competition?
- Experience with cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Flexibility in hours of work, including overtime
- Natural communicator, both written and oral
- Attention to detail and Mechanical aptitude
- Proactive, anticipate needs and ability to multi-task
- Takes ownership and motivated to get the job done and able to motivate others
What’s in it for you?
- Work in a collegial, customer focused and motivated team
- Work within a strong culture of process improvement and lots of great tools
- Access to global systems training and professional colleagues
- Embedded quality system
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities on the job and through our own on-line Thermo Fisher University