Manufacturing Operator I (2nd Shift 12-Head)
Thermo Fisher Scientific Middletown, VA
About the Job
Searching for a Great Company with a Competitive Wage & Benefits Package? Thermo Fisher Scientific is Hiring! Join a Fantastic Team as We Continue to Expand and Grow Our Business! Earn up to $18.65/hour with quarterly gainshare program.
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers its full-time employees a range of benefits including: a strong benefit package with the ability to choose a program that best fits your needs, effective on the first day of employment; 401K with 100% company match on first 6%; gainshare program with quarterly payouts of 5% target; 16 days PTO after 1st year (15 days prorated in first year of hire); standard work hours with no shift rotation; discount program exclusively for Thermo Fisher Scientific employees that gives you access to thousands of items and perks at discounted prices; clean temperature controlled environment; employee and family activities; strong partnership with our community; and the ability to make a difference in people’s lives.
How will you make an impact?
Manufacturing Operators work alone or with other operators to perform filling and/or packaging of products by complying with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), ISO 13485 guidelines and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Hours: 3:30pm - 2:00am Monday-Friday with overtime as required.
What will you do?
- Perform duties on production line to prepare, assemble and pack products as required.
- Must be able to complete and understand production paper work with minimal to no errors, up to and including product reconciliation, label reconciliation, labor sheets, product fill checks, torque checks, etc.
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, machines, glassware or equipment as needed or directed, if required in work area.
- Operates and/or monitors machinery, makes necessary adjustments to ensure smooth operations and produce high quality results as required in work area.
- Oversees and monitors progress of temporary employees in the packaging or dispensing areas.
- Must be able to interface and communicate effectively with work groups to ensure completion of tasks and projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- One year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in manufacturing
- Ability to perform the duties of this job by regularly being required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; talk and hear; and smell.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to sit for extended period of time.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employee to employ traditional lifting techniques for materials up to 75 lbs. Items over 75 lbs. will require the employee to use non-traditional techniques including, push-pull method, automated lifts and other equipment or additional techniques. Employee will be trained in these techniques upon employment. Employees already in position will require one time training.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to be frequently exposed to wet conditions and work in extreme cold.
- Frequently exposed to strong and sometimes disagreeable odors and occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Ability to occasionally work near moving mechanical parts.
- Ability to work in a moderate noise level.
- Safety shoes are required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and react appropriately to changing priorities and impending deadlines.
- Knowledge of GMP, FDA, ISO Regulations for diagnostics manufacturing.
- Knowledge of handling hazardous materials, OSHA safety compliance required.
This position is not approved for relocation benefits.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.