Manufacturing Engineering Intern
About the Job
Position Summary: Recommend and apply engineering methods and procedures to improve product quality to keep plant operational, eliminate waste, reduce cycle time, and improve operating performance. Provide technical support to manufacturing departments through the collection and processing of information relating to assigned projects, followed by evaluation of all information and alternatives resulting in recommendations for a course of action to management.
- Evaluate economic feasibility of capital projects and prepare justifications.
- Develop machine/manpower requirements and utilization for long-range business plans.
- Develop and maintain appropriate documentation throughout the manufacturing process.
- Resolve shop floor technical issues to achieve shop throughput and quality goals.
- Recommend Manufacturing processes and procedures, tools and equipment, layouts and methods to improve:
- Set-up Time
- Manufacturing Cycle Time
- Preventive Maintenance Program
- Energy Utilization
- Value Added Operations
- Material Utilization
- FDA GMP ISO-9000
- Third Party Certification
- Evaluate product quality, cost, and throughput from Product Design Engineering and configure for production process.
- Actively participate in product development cycle to optimize product productivity.
- Review and approve Engineering Change Requests (ECR’s).
- Establish and maintain shop labor standards.
- Perform all job duties in a safe manner and obey all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and the 4-I Values
- Performs all job duties within ISO standards, regulatory or statutory requirements. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, quality is inherent in all that we do, earning our Customers’ loyalty through their trust in our products and services. All employees are required to understand and adhere to site quality requirements, stemming from ISO 9001 and ISO 13485, and any other applicable regulatory requirements (e.g. FDA CFR). Employees will undergo Quality training during onboarding and annually through our internal learning management system.
Perform other duties and cross training as assigned.
- Pursuing an undergrad degree in Engineering
- Strong computer skills: Office, CAD (Solid Works prefered), SAP (a plus), Machine/hand tool knowledge, ability to use hand tools
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.