About the Job
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivalled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
What will you do?
You will manage overall site procurement and support related operations, communication and reporting for the site discovering the best ways to cut procurement expenses, assuring Site On Time Delivery (OTD) and Right First Time (RFT). Ensure site initiatives are fully implemented. Liaise with Supply Chain, Engineering, Quality and Business Management to ensure site projects are fully supported. The position will be responsible to supervise and mentor the Buyers and Strategic Souring Specialists.
- Devises and uses fruitful sourcing strategies - Supplier Sourcing and Management Framework (SSMF) Methodology
- Discovers profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships
- Negotiates with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Approves the ordering of necessary goods and services
- Finalizes purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Examines and tests existing contracts
- Tracks and reports key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Performs risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Controls spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Collaborates with appropriate site and/or COE’s on global/regional strategic sourcing initiatives to ensure sourcing methodology is adhered to SSMF methodology.
- Optimizes inventory control procedures
- Provides support to Site Buyers and Materials Management Team
- Develops the buyer’s expertise and provide input into purchasing process improvements.
- Establishes and maintain vendor relationships: regular meetings and vendor reviews
- Represents Procurement in Site Operational and/or client meetings
- Liaises and Supports Patheon’s corporate initiatives to develop and comply with Strategic Supply agreements
- Ensures Standard pricing is completed as required for Annual Budgets
Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
Certified Professional Purchaser (CPP) designation preferred.
Minimum 7 years of materials management experience ideally in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
Experience with lean concepts, process improvements, and SAP is preferred.
Minimum of 5 years’ previous supervisory experience.
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Proven working experience as a procurement manager or supply chain manager.
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market.
- Talent in negotiations and networking.
- Good knowledge of supplier or third party management software.
- Decision-making and working with numbers.
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data.
- Strong leadership capabilities; ability to inspire and foster innovation, collaboration, transparency and team effectiveness.
- Proficiency with the English language.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.