Manager, Formulation Manufacturing
About the Job
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Pharma Services Group, Cincinnati Location
Dispensing/Material Handling & Granulation Operations Team
How will you make an impact?
Leading a manufacturing operations (5 direct reports, +50 Indirect reports) team to deliver on our safety, quality, delivery, and productivity objectives related to the manufacturing of oral solid dosage pharmaceutical drugs.
What will you do?
- Support teams in daily work to meet stated goals in department
- Interface with internal and external customers & stakeholders to balance business needs & objectives
- Develop and implement strategies related to forward progression of site strategy and talent development
- Oversee production schedule while increasing production capacity through de-bottlenecking processes and optimizing systems.
- Lead a team of 4-6 supervisors and 50+ manufacturing technicians while managing day-to-day operations and ensuring departmental commitments and deliverables are achieved to meet company objectives
- Establish departmental and individual expectations; coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to team
- Enforce company policies and deal with personnel issues promptly
- Encourage and enforce a culture of compliance regarding Safety, EH&S, Quality standards as required by cGMPs, government agencies, and company standards / policies.
- Support all site audits and inspections.
- Ensure adequate resources are dedicated to correcting important or critical issues via personal involvement, delegated resources, and/or appropriate escalation. This often involves collaborative interaction with other departments.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, Business, Operations Management or Supply Chain
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 5-7 years of relevant manufacturing experience, Pharmaceutical experience is a plus
- People Management of teams 5 direct reports or larger
- Progression/expansion of roles with an organization
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Facilitation and presentation skills
- Leadership: accountability & execution
- Ability to Work in a Matrix Organization and influence change
- Handle Ambiguity
- Managing Key Stakeholder Expectations
- Analytical Ability; utilize data to define and solve problems
- Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Ability to apply, teach, and coach teams on lean manufacturing concepts
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.