Manager-Family Support (Bilingual Spanish or Mandarin) - LMSW or LCSW Required
About the Job
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone, a designated Level 3 Medical Home, is the largest federally qualified health center network in New York State, and the second largest in the nation. It includes eight primary care sites, 40 school-based health centers and dental clinics, four day care centers, the nation's largest dental residency program, and New York State's largest behavioral health program. The network also includes 12 community medicine sites providing care to disenfranchised New Yorkers, comprehensive HIV services, chemical dependency programs, and a family support center that offers educational, vocational, and other social support programs. Learn more about Family Health Centers at NYU Langone, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Manager-Family Support.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive and coordinated system of Family Support Services within the context of a health care delivery system and in collaboration with appropriate internal and external stakeholders. Family Support Services is inclusive of case management, supportive and crisis counseling, behavioral health and family counseling and parenting support. This position is responsible for the integration of these services within clinical and community settings and developing intervention strategies that are sustainable across multiple funding and financing strategies.
Overall responsibilities include planning and executing new initiatives supervision of all support services staff assessment and evaluation contractual reports and documentation developing resources and fostering community partnerships. The Director of Family Support Services also plays a key role throughout the LHC network in providing consultation and training around domestic violence and working with families in crisis and plays a critical role in coordinating the organizations response to traumatic events in the community.
- Provide supervision of Family Support Services staff and AmeriCorps members
- Collaborate with IT and Quality Assurance to use technology to effectively screen, refer and address patient needs.
- Assess new program opportunities and identify and develop new initiatives to better meet the changing needs of the community
- Provide ongoing evaluation and assessment and coordinate staff development and training
- Collaborate with other community based organizations to provide comprehensive services to individual and families
- Assure that programs are addressing necessary objectives and fulfilling contract requirements.
- Review documentation to ensure that it meets department standards.
- Identify best practices and work toward the development and implementation of evidence-based models of care/programming that meet student/family psychosocial needs in order to achieve better measurable health and educational outcomes.
- Use data as a tool for program development evaluation and continuous improvement
- Assist in the coordination of and implementation of staff development for FSS team members and other Community Based Programs staff.
- Assure that outcomes for grant funded initiatives are met.
- Facilitate weekly staff meetings
- Ensure that referred clients receive needed services
- Work with MCIT and data department to evaluate the effectiveness of SDOH screening projects and identify continuous improvement plans.
To qualify you must have a Bilingual Spanish or Mandarin
Master's Degree required in Social Work or related field
Licensed Master Social Worker or Clinical Social Worker with a strong orientation to community practice and strength based intervention models
3 years of managerial or project coordination experience within complex and integrated systems of care
Excellent organizational and communication skills
Competency in partnering with cultural diverse communities.
Required Licenses: Licensed Social Worker - NYS
Bilingual Arabic if not Bilingual Spanish or Mandarin
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone's network provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view Family Health Centers at NYU Langone's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.