Athletic Certification Officer
About the Job
Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights athletics program has won 24 national championships (and counting!)
The Chronicle of Higher Education consistently recognizes us as a "Great College to Work For" with high scores in compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; respect and appreciation, and more.
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students.
Reporting to the Office of University Compliance, the Athletic Certification Officer is an independent authority and subject matter expert responsible for obtaining, evaluating and documenting the academic credentials of current, former and potential student-athletes in accordance with the NCAA, Sunshine State Conference and Lynn University policy. Working independently under the general supervision of the Assistant Compliance Officer, the Athletic Certification Officer determines the athletic academic eligibility of all student-athletes for NCAA Division II competition in collaboration with Athletics, the Registrar's Office, Admissions, academic advisors, and a broad set of campus stakeholders.
The individual must maintain documentation of information used to make determinations in accordance with institutional and NCAA requirements and develop procedures and business processes related to the athletic certification process.
The individual must also have knowledge of and experience with the interpretation and application of institutional, NCAA and SSC rules, regulations and processes regarding initial and continuing athletic eligibility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge and proficiency of MS Office
- Jenzabar/Workday/Compliance Assistant experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds up to 1/3 of the time.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.