Req ID: 289421
BASIC PURPOSE: The purpose of this position is to perform various operational and financial accounting duties. This includes but not limited to account reconciliations, settlements, intercompany tracking and invoicing, reporting and analysis.
- Daily invoice settlements
- Month end accounting close processes
- Prepare and upload monthly journal entries
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Monthly general & administrative allocations
- Reconcile intercompany transactions
- Interact with internal and external auditors
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and/or analysis requested by management or other departments
- Special projects as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance equivalent with a minimum 60 hours of accounting courses required
- Master’s degree is a plus
- CPA is a plus
- 2-3 years relevant work experience required
- Excel Intermediate or Expert level required
- RightAngle or similar systems experience preferred
- SAP or similar systems experience preferred
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Hard Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office with strong emphasis on Excel
- Soft Skills: Strong oral and verbal communication skills; strong understanding of operations and/or ability to learn quickly; ability to work in a fast-paced environment, as needed, with a high degree of accuracy; ability to perform and make decisions under pressure and meet strict deadlines; excellent time management skills; detail oriented; ability to multitask and be a team player
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Job Function(s): Musket
Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores is the industry-leading travel stop network in the United States. For more than 55 years, we’ve provided customers with highway hospitality and “Clean Places, Friendly Faces.” We’re passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with fuel, food and supplies. We offer meals from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and everything needed to get back on the road quickly. The Love’s Family of Companies includes:
- Gemini Motor Transport, one of the industry’s safest trucking fleets
- Speedco, the light mechanical and trucking service specialists
- Musket, a rapidly growing, Houston-based commodities supplier and trader
- Trillium, a Houston-based alternative fuels expert