DEF Terminal Operator- Kansas City, MO
About the Job
Req ID: 245381
BASIC PURPOSE: This position is responsible for supporting operations at the terminal by loading, unloading, storing, mixing and blending products.
- Ensure compliance with operating procedures to maintain a safe environment and efficient operations.
- Follow policies and use/wear the required safety equipment and gear.
- Understand and execute processes for safe and efficient tank car unloading.
- Unload truck trailers, store materials in appropriate locations, and receive and track materials in the terminal inventory system.
- Ensure inbound shipments are accurate and free of damage and report quality variances.
- Operate forklift safely and efficiently in order to load, unload, and move items.
- Perform routine inspections on forklift equipment to ensure forklift equipment is operating well.
- Follow established department SOP's to operate blending/mixing machines.
- Use mixing and blending machines to produce quality products.
- Monitor equipment and production to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly work area.
- Ensure cleanliness of blending equipment and terminal to meet required standards. Use small hand tools to disassemble equipment and clean as necessary. Clean walls, floors, and all other fixtures in the terminal using appropriate cleaning tools and cleansing agents.
- Conduct quality control tests in order to monitor processing and to ensure that standards are met. Draw samples of products for laboratory testing.
- Record data such as process conditions, test results, and instrument readings.
- Maintain a variety of records in written or electronic form regarding cleaning and product batches.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of experience in a warehouse, distribution, manufacturing, farming or agriculture environment preferred
- Previous experience with forklift operation preferred
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to read and understand processes and procedures.
- Ability to perceive color differences.
- Basic math skills
- Willing and able to work a 5-day schedule with possible overtime required while maintaining workplace composure.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, and a team player
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs, ladders, and work in elevated areas of the plant.
- Must have the ability to lift over 50lbs during a scheduled work shift.
Job Function(s): Musket
Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores is the industry-leading travel stop network in the United States. For more than 55 years, we’ve provided customers with highway hospitality and “Clean Places, Friendly Faces.” We’re passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with fuel, food and supplies. We offer meals from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and everything needed to get back on the road quickly. The Love’s Family of Companies includes:
- Gemini Motor Transport, one of the industry’s safest trucking fleets
- Speedco, the light mechanical and trucking service specialists
- Musket, a rapidly growing, Houston-based commodities supplier and trader
- Trillium, a Houston-based alternative fuels expert