LewisGale Medical Center is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for New Grad RN Residency LGMC ER Salem position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
LewisGale Medical Center offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at LewisGale Medical Center!
Job Summary and Qualifications
HCA Nurse Residency Program
StaRN Program (10-22 weeks total):
Our StaRN Program will provide you with the tools necessary to succeed in today’s hospital environment. It will help you transition out of the classroom setting and onto the unit by providing the following training:
· 5-10 weeks classroom, self-study, skills & simulations
· 5-12 weeks preceptorship
· Certifications: ECG, TeamSTEPPS, BLS/ACLS, CPI
· *Length of training & certifications received varies based on unit
After StaRN, you will transition into our Professional Development Residency:
· 9 month program factored into a full time position on the unit
· You will learn Charge Nurse skills
· You will collaborate with a mentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (4 hours a month)
· Your project has an opportunity to gain recognition by corporate for further recognition
Cohort Start Date:
*August 8th and September 06th
Units We Offer:
Emergency Department, Critical Care, Med/Surg, Telemetry, Cardiac, and MORE!
What qualifications you will need:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt must be obtained within 1 year of employment start date
- PALS Pediatric Adv Life Supt must be obtained within 1 year of employment start date
- Trauma Nursing Core Course must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Registered Nurse
- Bachelors Degree, or Associate Degree
- Basic Cardiac Life Support, or BCLS Instructor must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
LewisGale Medical Center has provided quality healthcare services since 1909. We give patient's access to trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 500+ bed hospital is one of the leading acute care facilities in the Salem area. We specialize in heart and vascular care—including the latest advanced technology available through our designated Heart Center—as well as orthopedics and spine care, services for mental and behavioral health and cancer care.
At LewisGale Medical Center, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our New Grad RN Residency LGMC ER Salem opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.