Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) New Grad RN Residency All Specialties Alleghany you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join LewisGale Hospital Alleghany which is a part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
LewisGale Hospital Alleghany, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at LewisGale Hospital Alleghany!
Job Summary and Qualifications
HCA Nurse Residency Program
StaRN Program (10-22 weeks total):
Our StaRN Program will provide you with the tools necessary to succeed in today’s hospital environment. It will help you transition out of the classroom setting and onto the unit by providing the following training:
· 5-10 weeks classroom, self-study, skills & simulations
· 5-12 weeks preceptorship
· Certifications: ECG, TeamSTEPPS, BLS/ACLS, CPI
· *Length of training & certifications received varies based on unit
After StaRN, you will transition into our Professional Development Residency:
· 9 month program factored into a full time position on the unit
· You will learn Charge Nurse skills
· You will collaborate with a mentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (4 hours a month)
· Your project has an opportunity to gain recognition by corporate for further recognition
Cohort Start Date:
*February and March 2023
Units We Offer:
Emergency Department, Critical Care, Med/Surg, Telemetry, Cardiac, and MORE!
What qualifications you will need:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt must be obtained within 90 days of employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 90 days of employment start date
- PALS Pediatric Adv Life Supt must be obtained within 90 days of employment start date
- Registered Nurse
- Associate Degree
LewisGale Hospital-Alleghany is a 204-bed acute care facility in Low Moor, Virginia. We serve patients in both Virginia and West Virginia. We have delivered a decade-long commitment to help save and improve patients’ lives. We are committed to giving back to the extended community that we call home. We offer a full range of medical specialties from emergency medicine to general surgery. Our facility is home to the Senior Transitions program. This program is a 15-bed specialty unit for seniors with emotional and behavioral issues requiring short-term acute stabilization. We are an important part of LewisGale Regional Health System. This Health System is an integrated network of closely aligned patient-care facilities that consistently rank among the top in the nation for patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our New Grad RN Residency All Specialties Alleghany opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.