About the Job
Location: New York Racing Association
Belmont Park - Elmont, NY and Saratoga Race Course - Saratoga Springs, NY
The Field System Engineer ("FSE") is responsible for overseeing the proper performance of all information technology based applications and systems within the stadium/arena environment. The FSE also acts as a liaison between the Home Office Information Systems teams, vendors, partner IT contacts, and all other Levy Restaurants departments and personnel to ensure the systems at the location are functioning properly as required and technical assistance is provided for their locations and team members in a timely fashion.
The FSE will also be responsible for maintaining accountability of all the systems in production within their locations. An up-to-date list is to be maintained by the FSE with regards to POS counts, versions, server backup status, etc. In addition, the FSE will have to travel on occasion to other Levy locations to support major events, oversee deployment/installs or execute site surveys when requested by the operations team.
The FSE will report to the Director of Operations and Regional Information Technology Manager and will participate in regularly scheduled conference calls and/or meetings. It will be his/her responsibility to ensure that tickets for their respective region are closed in a timely manner (whether they relate to POS/field systems or not). The FSE will be responsible in keeping up with projects within his/her region and making sure that adequate (be it from Levy IT or the Vendors) support is available throughout the project. The FSE will keep up with administrative work such as documentation, time sheets, etc. on time.
Key Job Responsibilities
- POS systems support
- Back office systems support
- Provide event based support and assistance at said stadium/arena
- Serve as primary contact for systems support and Information Technology related inquiries within their region
- Coordinate system and application training through the Home Office IT team with vendors or internal resources as requested
- Consistently follow Information Technology service priorities to ensure the best support and communication to their locations, regional support teams and the Home Office
- Coordinate on-site support for location events as requested/needed
- Act as the escalation point for the support of all IT related systems
- Manage location system issue logs
- Communicate progress to relevant location, regional, and Home Office personnel as needed
- Maintain inventory counts of all field based systems by location and service offering within their respective region
- Follow up with location and Regional Management at regular intervals to ensure systems are performing as expected
- Ensure systems and servers are properly functioning, on a consistent version of software, and running in a stable environment
- Assist in the planning, coordination and execution of system installations and upgrades
- Provide technical support and act as an escalation point for local IT support (local IT managers, or hourly IT supervisors/technicians)
- Lead and follow up with vendor resources, on-site support, or location personnel teams while working on any given project
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience, equivalent skill
- Minimum of 5 years' experience running/supporting POS systems in the restaurant/hospitality/event based business.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently without close supervision
- Able to analyze issues and problems and know and follow escalation plan
- Well organized, able to handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Experience with legacy POS companies such as Quest and Micros or cloud based POS is highly desirable
- Accustomed to field work consisting of event based, late hours and weekends
- Experience with PCI compliancy