Leidos Corporate is seeking an experienced Technical Writing Team Lead to join our CIO Services Information Development Team, who's responsible for planning, developing, executing, and supporting technical communications, documentation, training, and graphics for various IT and cybersecurity technologies and projects to Leidos’ 40,000+ employees worldwide.
This is a player/coach role, where the successful candidate will provide support, coaching and mentorship for other technical writers, and a technical graphics designer while also executing technical writing for a limited number of projects and initiatives.
About the Team
You will lead a team that provides technical communications and information development support that is clear, simple, customer friendly, concise, and well organized following established style guides and standards. Your team plays a vital role by creating, editing, publishing, and maintaining IT and Cybersecurity standard operating procedures, system specifications, policies, processes, briefings, intranet, and instructional content as well as user facing communications, instructions, infographics, how-to videos and other content.
You will lead a friendly and collaborative team to even greater success in the following ways:
- Follow and help reinforce corporate and organization-specific standards, processes, templates, and style guides; while looking for opportunities to improve
- Assign, manage, and track team deliverables, reporting, and metrics using multiple data sources
- Identify and analyze user needs and assign resources accordingly
- Help manage workload distribution for team through effective delegation and follow up
- Provide support, direction, issue escalation and resolution
- Mentor and develop other team members, inspiring them to meet their full potential
- Foster a positive and supportive culture of growth within the organization
- Identify opportunities to reinforce desired behaviors, encourage employee engagement, and promote the adoption of new processes or technologies
- Stay updated on technical communications industry trends and best and emerging practices
Bachelor's degree and minimum of 12 years of technical writing and editing experience including:
Minimum 3 years of leadership experience
Minimum of 5 years’ experience writing and editing end-user facing IT instructions and IT communications
Minimum of 2 years’ experience with writing standard operating procedures (SOPs), IT policies, IT System Documentation, IT procedures or similar
Microsoft Word and PowerPoint expert
Experience using WSYWIG editors for publishing online content
Bachelor’s degree in technical communications, journalism, mass communications, systems analysis or a related field
Ability to succeed in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, working on multiple efforts simultaneously
Expert writer, editor and grammarian
US citizenship is required
Skills with Visio, MadCap Flare, SharePoint Online, M365, SnagIt, Camtasia, SharePoint site administration
Familiarity with supporting an IT organization and the development of technically sound content, including knowledge of project management and common IT processes and enterprise level technology
Familiarity with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX), Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) or similar
Please note that budgeted salary is closer to the midpoint of the range.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $170,375.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.