As a System Analyst/System Architect 3, you will be responsible for researching, gathering requirements and developing use cases and building prototype solutions for discovery mission customers with an eye towards corporate services adoption. Familiarity with the customer's capabilities organization is preferable for this position. Customer relations and use cases will drive the timetable and possibly development efforts in order to transition those users from an R&D environment to corporate services. This position requires an innovative thinking with a knack for developing solutions within the realm of possibility for R&D efforts in a data center environment. The candidate will often require interaction with personnel from various organizations inside and out of Operations. This job is perfect for someone who wants to lead and/or be part of a Focused Effort team that constantly strives to architect/engineer open, component-based technological solutions in a fast paced, highly collaborative, challenging environment for the customer. Candidate must be able to perform Linux Admin and Application installation/config/setup duties in a prototype development and evaluation lab on customer site. The candidate must be a self-starter and be able to work with integrated engineering, software and security teams as well as independently. Must come to the position with solid foundation of current technologies, and be able to learn new HW and SW technologies quickly. Must be able to interface with multiple customer POCs and brief customer leadership.
- At least 18 years of general experience as a systems analyst, including five years of experience in systems analysis, engineering design, and communications applications on complex information systems, database management, the use of programming languages that support the systems, and knowledge of storage and retrieval methods.
- TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Five (5) years of experience in systems analysis, engineering design, and communications applications on complex information systems, database management, the use of programming languages that support Sun Solaris, HP UNIX, Windows NT, Pascal or Delphi, Linux – Redhat, Windows XP, Databases, Sybase RDBMS, Oracle RDBMS, MS Access, Oracle Context, Oracle Forms, Powerbuilder, MS SQL Server, Indexed Sequential Access Method (ISAM), and knowledge of storage and retrieval methods.
- Minimum IAT level II certification
- A bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science may be substituted for 4 years of general experience as a systems analyst. A master's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for 2 years of general experience.
- Innovative, independent thinker, doer and self-starter
- Experience with hosting, clustering, scaling and load balancing applications
- DevOps experience working with nVIDIA Docker and GPU-compute applications
- Experience with multiple platforms and vendor technologies including Dell, RedHat, nVIDIA, Nutanix, Amazon, Microsoft, CISCO, ARISTA, Brocade, and Palo Alto
- Experience with Microservices architecture and solutions
- Must be able to integrate with a customer's cloud-based data systems (C2S, UWE, GovCloud)
- Hands-on, proven experience in RedHat Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu or SELinux System Administration
- Software-defined network (SDN) and software-define Storage (SDS) experience, networks and devices (SSDs, Brocade SAN, Big Switch/ARISTA, FlexOS, Pure FlashBlades, and Dell)
- VM, file and block storage protocol (e.g., nfs, SAN, etc) experience
- General networking concepts (DNS, public/private IP routing, VLANs, gateways, firewalls, etc)
- Puppet, SALT, Ansible, Atlassian CM Tools experience
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience architecting and designing application and complex technical solutions.
- Development experience with very strong aptitude and interest in learning innovative technologies
- Proven experience installing and configuration applications
- Active Sec+ or CISSP certification
- Bash, python, or similar scripting skills
Desired Skills and Experience (in as many areas as possible)
- Machine Learning/AI workflow experience and tools (pyTorch, TensorFlow, café, Torch)
- nGINX, Apache tomcat
- Palo Alto firewalls and rule sets
- Docker and nVIDIA Docker Containers
- Kubernetes and Rancher
- Jupyter Notebooks and GPU technologies
- Experience working with nVIDIA Docker and GPU-compute applications
- Experience with enhanced visualization and graphing tools (Graphistry, Tableu, etc)
- Experience with Elastic Search and Kibana
- Programming experience is a plus
- Technical experience working with large scale data sets
- Familiarity with STE/STN
- Familiarity with LDAP, AD and how to integrate to them
- Jira or similar ticket tracking system
- PSC and MRM processes
- UPS experience
- Windows System administration and activity directory
- Data center management experience
- Nagios or similar monitoring tools
- Experience installing/configuring database management tools (mongo, SQL, postGres, etc)
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.