Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to discover new targets or support mission analysis. The Prototype Development Support program is a TTO-based, LOE program in support of our customer’s Operations organization. Through new development and rapid prototyping, this program looks to help its customer find new and better data sources and tradecraft to answer new and existing intelligence questions to accomplish its mission. Working across all areas, using methods that run the gamut from leading edge visualizations, analytic development and new technology research, the program constantly strives to provide the best solutions for the customer to address their mission needs, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment. Click here to learn how this program “Delivers Mission Success!” and a list of all our amazing opportunities
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Working in an innovative discovery organization, the candidate will be a motivated developer who has familiarity with networking and software technologies. The candidate will perform devops, software engineering, and software development in support of a specialized network and its applications.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to take initiative in the work. The candidate must have strong communications skills and be able to work in a dynamic environment, on multiple tasks simultaneously, and adapt to changing priorities.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: The candidate must have:
- At least 12+ years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline
- At least 5 years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least 4 years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for 4 years of general experience. A master's degree is a plus.
- The candidate will be comfortable in a Linux environment, and have experience with programming languages in a client and server architecture.
- The successful candidate will have experience with Docker or containerization.
- The successful candidate will have experience with Ansible or a similar automation tool.
- The successful candidate will have experience with Gitlab.
- The successful candidate will be familiar and have experience in technologies like Redis, Rabbit MQ, Go lang, JSON, NiFi, storage technologies, and virtualization technologies.
- The successful candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of networking, and have hands-on network and/or system administration experience.
- The successful candidate will have prior success working in a team environment.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.