Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
The United States Government uses space systems to solve many complex problems to protect our warfighters and gather information on threats to our national interest. The Leidos National Security Space (NSS) Space Sensors Branch performs space payload systems research and development to create innovative one-of-a-kind solutions to these complex customer needs.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Space Sensors Branch within the National Security Space (NSS) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Space Payload Program Manager to work in our San Diego, CA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience managing the design, build and test OPIR payloads where Leidos is transforming the payload solutions for the future. As a Space Payload Program Manager, you’ll directly support the Division by leading a talented team through an aggressive schedule to achieve program objectives, including frequent customer interface.
The Space Payload Program Manager will manage day-to-day operations and execution of the contract, subcontract, finance, security, staffing, and procurement and will monitor and manage program performance, risk, cost, and schedule; quality review and submission of all deliverables; and preparation of contract modification proposals (technical and cost). The ideal candidate will possess superior analytical and problem-solving skills, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, be a strong team player, and the ability to establish solid working relationships with technical staff members and peers within the division as well as our external Government customers. The Space Payload Program Manager will articulate the technical challenges to executive leadership and work closely with the engineering team to identify and understand technical risk, the ensure appropriate corrective actions are taken to mitigate the risks. Additional responsibilities may include the opportunity to serve as a supervisor.
Required experience includes electro-optical space-based payload hardware/software fabrication; vehicle/platform system integration; and/or test and evaluation is a plus, demonstrated experience on a program from ATP through successfully launching a vehicle into orbit is a must, experience managing a Firm Fixed Price (FFP) contract is also required.
- Execute all facets of program management for your contracts (i.e., cost, schedule, reporting, engagement etc.)
- Earned Value Management and presenting at program status reviews
- Ensure program is properly staffed to execute scope of work on time and within budget
- Establish and maintain program business Rhythm
- Works closely with subcontract program manager to ensure on-time delivery from the vendors
- Oversees Development, Manufacturing, Assembly, Integration and Test of the payload and uses key metrics to ensure the program is on track to promised delivery date
- Potentially provide Supervisory assistance
- Success is highly dependent upon the level and proficiency of communication/writing skills
What Sets You Apart:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and have an active Secret security clearance or higher
- Bachelor's Degree and 12+ years, or a Master’s and 10+ years of experience
- Experience executing PM activities (e.g., cost, schedule, Customer engagement etc., including fixed price contracts)
- Experience in managing space payload programs (R&D, prototype, low volume production)
- The successful candidate should be a creative problem solver and demonstrate a broad ranging technical management and team development experience encompassing: Electro-optical multispectral and hyperspectral imaging sensors for ground, airborne and space applications, Visible and infrared focal plane array and photo-detector technology, Process and system development, and risk analysis and management
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
- Adaptability to new challenges with a strong motivation to grow and learn in new areas
You’ll really WOW us having one or more of the following:
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance
- Experience in Space Product Manufacturing
- Experience translating functional requirements into tasks
- Supervisory experience
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career. Share your resume with us today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $142,350.00 - $219,000.00 - $295,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.