We are looking for new team members who are passionate about driving program management and utilising Business Analysis skills to solve non-code related challenges.Play a key part in driving the LEGO Group forward defining and building new technology products in engaging, dynamic and groundbreaking Tech Teams living the Lego values!
Core Responsibilities- Fostering a collaborative environment to collectively solve problems.
- Simplifying complex technical problems into tangible practical solutions and where required facilitating trade-off discussions.
- Dealing directly with key partners and stakeholders utilising influence and problem-solving skills freeing up engineering to focus on solving technical challenges.
- Defining Program goals and ensure they are understood and delivered on by product teams (and aligned to their OKRs) and key partners.
- Developing a clear view of dependencies and plans to support product teams in having well-defined milestones and responsibilities.
- Crafting and communicating the succinct narrative as to why the program matters.
- Proactively identifying and solving gaps, rather than just reporting progress from engineering.
- Effectively ensuring that cross functional teams are aligned, and issues/risks are managed proactively.
- Creating, maintaining and executing deployment and rollout strategies.
- Building knowledge and trust of teams to enable effective execution of plans.
Play your part in our team succeedingThe LEGO Group is looking for multiple Senior Technical Program Managers with solid technical background to orchestrate critical and complex programs of work from definition through to completion.
Our Technical Programme Managers support our Engineering led Product Teams on program tasks which then allow our Engineers to focus on what they do best - writing amazing code!
Our Senior Technical Programme Managers will be anchored within our Marketing & Channels Technology Team and could be leading programs such as a Global Point of Sale (PoS) solution to all Lego stores, implementing transformative Customer Services technology, expanding our Loyalty Programme to name a few.
Do you have what it takes?- Proven track record as a Technical Project or Program Manager
- Strong technical skills with an appreciation of software engineering
- Minimum 3 years working with teams that ship products/features to consumers
- Excellent writing & verbal communication skills with the ability to collaborate with confidence, clarity and focus with experts and non-experts alike.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to collaborate and build relationships across the organisation.
- Exceptional organisation skills and a passion for details, without losing sight of the bigger picture.
- Direct engagement with products and engineering teams with a thorough understanding of agile software development processes.
- Project planning / execution skills that include reviewing technical design documents
- Curious, growth-minded, and eager to expand your skill set.
- Self-starter that can demonstrate adaptability, resilience, and ability to thrive in ambiguity.
- Previous experience working with Salesforce Service Cloud and / or Marketing Cloud would be advantageous.
- Certification in Agile project / program management and / or Lean Six Sigma would be advantageous
Join the LEGO teamWhat's in it for you? Here are some of what to expect:
Family Care Leave - We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
Insurances - All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
Wellness - We want you to be your best self, so you'll have access to Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes run by local teams where you are based
Colleague Discount - We know you'll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
Bonus - We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached, you'll be rewarded through our global bonus scheme.
Your workplace - Our offices will be your primary workplace with flexibility to work from home during your working week. Your People Leader will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model, role eligibility and frequency with you.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and equal pay regardless of e.g. race, colour, religion, sex, nationality or gender identity.
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children's Tights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children's Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.