Do you want to be a part of fully digital shopper's experience at the LEGO group?Bring your energy and a willingness to learn into the digital retail experience journey and help us deliver outstanding environments.
Core ResponsibilitiesWe are looking for a Lead Engineer to join our London digital office. You will join an established team focused on building the future of LEGO.com. You will act as a technical lead/coach working with ~5 other engineers:
• Build the simplest possible thing that will continually deliver working software to shoppers around the world
• Aggressively test and refactor our codebase
• Participate in user interviews, prototyping, and code spikes
• Prioritise features, bugs, and chores alongside our product and design teams
Play your part in our team succeedingAs part of the Marketing & Channels Technology team in the LEGO Group, specifically the Retail Experience department, our mission is to engage shoppers with fully digital experiences, and to help connect our physical and digital experiences and shoppers move from in-store to online.
The Retail Experience area is fast growing, and includes a number of dedicated product teams who safeguard the delivery of excellent web experiences for kids and shoppers and fans around the world.
Our responsibilities are largely what you see on LEGO.com, with teams covering product display pages, search functionality, campaigns, analytics, wishlists, the mosaic maker online, and many supporting systems and services. As such, we are an integral part of the company’s strategy to leverage digitalization.
You will work on experiences that will reach millions of shoppers worldwide, and you will join a highly-skilled international team that values individual talents and team spirit, where playing and having fun is an integral part of working.
Do you have what it takes?• Significant experience with web technologies, specifically Typescript/React
• Track record of building well-structured, easily maintained, well-documented, and accessible code
• Appreciation and ability to cultivate highly collaborative environment
• Defaults to inclusive behaviours
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated
• Strikes a balance between perfection and frequent shipping
Nice to have experience with:
• Performance and related testing
• Knowledge of lean product development
• Pushing CI/CD, small batches sizes
Join the global LEGO® teamWhat’s in it for you? Here are some of what to expect:
• Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
• Insurances – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
• Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you’ll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes run by local teams where you are based
• Colleague Discount – We know you'll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
• Bonus – We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached, you’ll be rewarded through our global bonus scheme.
• Your workplace – Our offices will be your primary workplace with flexibility to work from home during your working week. Your People Leader will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model, role eligibility and frequency with you.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and equal pay regardless of e.g. race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity.
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.