SVP, Digital Strategy
About the Job
Founded in 2008, Legends is a premium experiences company with more than 1,500 full-time and 30,000 seasonal team members globally. Legends has six divisions operating worldwide - Global Planning, Global Sales, Hospitality, Global Partnerships, Global Merchandise, and Global Technology Solutions - offering clients and partners a 360-degree service solution platform to elevate their brand and execute their vision. Currently, Legends works with marquee clients across business verticals including professional sports; collegiate; attractions; entertainment; and conventions and leisure. We are the industry leaders in designing, planning and realizing exceptional experiences in sports and entertainment.
LEGENDS GLOBAL MERCHANDISE
Recognized leaders in retail and merchandising worldwide, Legends Global Merchandise provides a fully customized, customer-centric, omnichannel shopping experience for fans. Our vertical service solution allows us to provide the latest trends, styles, designs, and brand collaborations across different categories. For in-venue, e-commerce and pop-up operations, Legends sets the standard when it comes to a unique shopping experience. We pride ourselves in creating a customized portfolio of inventory based on each property, and operating as a true extension of each client’s brand. Different guests want different things, and we are here to build and provide a tailored retail experience.
The Sr. Vice President, Digital Strategy will further develop, optimize, and manage the process and technical ecosystem that powers a fully integrated global e-commerce business: marketing, brand planning, creative development, merchandising, inventory, web-store operations, and application management. The successful candidate will implement the strategy, maintenance and support of Legends’ e-commerce technology solutions in alignment with corporate as well as client strategies and objectives. The SVP, Digital Strategy will maximize the user experience, sales conversion, and operational effectiveness to drive long-term profitability and increased levels of customer satisfaction through all online channels.
- Devise a strategy to further the brands and the overall business of Legends in the region. This includes identifying and prioritizing the key markets, verticals, and opportunities best aligned with the company's overall strategy.
- Drive the creation and development of Legends’ e-commerce strategy and execution in accordance with the broader plans of the company. E-commerce strategy will include shopping platforms, SEO, SEM, e-mail, social media, distribution and fulfilment.
- Collaborate with the geographic market leaders to enable them to effectively work with Legends’ retail partners by showing how e-commerce drives customer affinity and store growth.
- Work collaboratively with the Head of Marketing to align revenue objectives and digital experience within brand guidelines.
- Oversee the creation of a marketing and distribution calendar including site messaging, content updates, promotions, and new feature rollouts.
- Identify metric-based KPIs to drive goal-setting and the calendarization of product marketing strategies and product promotions.
- Manage resources to successfully deliver on goals and with constant recognition and appreciation of the e-commerce P&L.
- Partner alongside a team of UX Web Designers, Merchandisers, Analysts, and Digital Product creators and coach their development and success.
- Develop and implement a seamless, frictionless and well-integrated omni- channel customer experience.
- Leverage data to gain better understanding of existing Legends’ partners and to acquire and retain new customers for future growth.
- Manage budgets and align marketing activities with region activities, working closely with buying/merchandising to ensure appropriate product coverage and focus.
- Work collaboratively with marketing and sales partners to support digital marketing and e-commerce opportunities with wholesalers and in line with in-store events.
- Build online plans to complement 360 degree activations and ensure online and digital marketing to support the overarching brand objectives.
- Lead CRM team on execution of acquisition, retention and reactivation campaigns along with segmentation strategies.
- Align digital strategy with marketing, merchandising, and other initiatives to grow online and mobile.
- Develop and implement KPI’s for monitoring and evaluating business performance, in partnership with business planning and finance teams.
- Drive development across multiple teams, business units and phases, aligning business opportunities with the appropriate, cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house and outsourced development.
- Develop superior user-focused digital products to drive business growth.
Reporting & Analysis
- Track and analyze sales performance and inventory with an eye towards adjusting to meet changing company directives, industry needs and revenue optimization.
- Build and refine quarterly strategies, using available internal and established reporting tool sets and resources to shape the e-commerce reporting and analytics functions.
- Analyze the sales funnel, marketing strategy and related performance metrics to optimize the customer experience and online conversion.
- Prepare and present materials for internal meetings with leadership and other departments.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Significant experience managing the full P&L of a successful e-commerce business with a strong growth trajectory, preferably in the retail/fashion apparel space.
- Technical skills in e- commerce activities and all online marketing channels, financial principles, and e-commerce market development.
- Demonstrated success in leading transformational change through innovative approaches and collaboration.
- Proven ability to adapt to new environments and to work effectively with people from all levels and from diverse backgrounds – comfortable presenting to C-suite and skilled at developing relations with key stakeholders.
- Experience in integrating an e-commerce system with other systems such as ERP, CRM, 3PL, CC payment system.
- Experience and expertise with Google Analytics, Shopify, M3 and Klavio.
- Proven track record of increasing sales and traffic to corporate/brand websites.
- Strong knowledge and experience with email marketing, SEO/SEM, paid search, loyalty and social marketing.
- Inquisitive mindset into how shopper’s needs & behaviors are evolving.
- Ability to balance big picture with tactical details – including financials.
- Business level proficiency in English and Spanish desired.
- Ability to operate in ambiguous environment or unstructured situations with a high degree of autonomy.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.