About the Job
Founded in 2008, Legends is a holistic experiential services agency with more than 1,500 full-time and 30,000 seasonal team members globally. Legends has five divisions operating worldwide - Global Planning, Global Sales, Hospitality, Global Merchandise, and Global Technology Solutions - offering clients and partners a 360-degree platform to elevate their brand and execute their vision. Currently, Legends works with marquee clients across business verticals including professional sports; collegiate; attractions; entertainment; and conventions and leisure. We are the industry leaders in designing, planning and realizing exceptional experiences in sports and entertainment.
George M. Steinbrenner Field is Spring Training home to the New York Yankees, as well as home to the Yankees Class-A Advanced Affiliate, the Tampa Tarpons. Aside from 80+ plus baseball games, George M. Steinbrenner Field also hosts numerous public and private events throughout the year.
Primary Position Purpose:
The Banquet Server’s primary objective is to set up service station and tables for Banquet and Event functions, serve the guests food, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Must have the ability to work as a team in assisting with bussing and cleaning, ensuring the Banquets and Events are being executed smoothly and efficiently to satisfy the guests’ needs.
- Reports for scheduled work in a timely manner and is in complete uniform, with a neat and clean personal appearance.
- Prepare service station and tables for Banquets and Events, including wiping and polishing silverware and glassware; coffee and/or tea; folding linen and napkins for service
- Must be able to ID all guests when serving alcoholic beverages as per company, health and safety standards.
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience
- Respond promptly and courteously to guest requests during functions
- Must maintain a friendly, positive attitude and a professional demeanor always.
- Assist with cleaning and resetting table service for Banquets and Events while adhering to health and safety standards
- Completes other tasks as assigned by management.
- Must possess a valid food handler’s certificate
- Must have experience as a Server, preferably in Banquet and Events in a Hotel of at least two years
- Must have basic, general knowledge of beer, wine and spirits
- Must maintain personal hygiene and well-groomed appearance standards
- Ability to work independently while maintaining a teamwork mentality to ensure each Banquet or Event is operated smoothly to guest and management’s satisfaction
- Must have ability to pay attention to detail for setup and service
- Must be able to effectively listen and take direction from supervisors
- Must be able to succeed in a face paced environment while maintaining a professional demeanor
- Must be able to have attention to detail
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Able to work non-traditional hours (nights, weekends & holidays as necessary)