Human Resources Manager
About the Job
Legends is a holistic agency that specializes in delivering solutions for legendary brands. We approach each project with our 360-degree service solution. Our Global Planning, Global Sales, and Hospitality service solutions collaborate on every project to ensure success across each of our six verticals including professional sports, collegiate, attractions, entertainment, international, and conventions.
Our intellectual property is our people. It's our expertise that makes up Legends. We know what it's like to be on the team, business, or athletic department side, which drives our passion in creating solutions for our partners. Collectively, our leadership has over 300 years of experience in sales and sponsorship, analytics and valuation, hospitality and operations.
The Human Resources Manager role partners with the Human Resources Director and operational managers on a variety of initiatives and directives that maximize organizational effectiveness and performance.
• Develop and maintain purposeful relationships with management that ensure HR strategies, processes and practices are implemented.
• Exhibit an active interest in company and venue-specific operational knowledge, as it relates to providing value-added HR business partnership.
• Provide expert counsel and coaching to managers and employees (union and non-union) on all employee related issues such as, but not limited to: performance management, progressive discipline measures, career development, employee relations issues, policies and procedures, and all employment/labor laws.
• Proactively anticipate and address labor/employee relations issues including conflict resolution efforts.
• Partner with the Director of Human Resources to conduct investigations and preparation of necessary documentation.
• Assisting in the building of bench organizational strength through the identification, recruitment, and development of talent.
• Participate in the development and/or improvement of department goals, objectives and processes
• Participate in the full life cycle recruitment and hiring process.
• Support staffing efforts during event and non-event days as needed.
• Various safety related responsibilities including worker’s comp administration, maintenance of the OSHA log and safety board.
• Responsible for sourcing NPO groups.
• Lead the development and implementation of approved programs that increase employee satisfaction and retention.
• The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree.
• 5+ years human resources experience.
• 3+ years of generalist experience including employment law.
• Working knowledge of state and federal employment law.
• Exhibit strong technical aptitude – the ability to learn new system functionality quickly.
• Must possess excellent oral, written and listening communication skills and the ability to prioritize and execute in a deadline-oriented environment.
• Must demonstrate high individual performance and accountability to manage numerous independent responsibilities with limited direction.
• Ability to troubleshoot issues independently and drive them to closure with minimal supervision.
• Handle confidential information in a professional and discreet manner.
• Possess a positive, professional demeanor, excellent interpersonal skills and will be a self-starter seeing projects through to completion.
• A strong commitment to delivering a high level of customer and client service with demonstrated initiative and leadership skills.
• Superior computer skills including hands-on HRIS and ATS experience.
• Must be flexible to work extended hours due to business requirements including late nights, weekends and holidays.
• Comfortable working in a matrix leadership environment.
Additionally, the HR Manager will:
Practice safe work habits, follow all safety policies and procedures and regulations, complete company-wide safety training and any additional job specific safety training.
Follow and encourage their team to follow all safety policies and procedures, including but not limited to looking for and reporting any unsafe work conditions, and complete company-wide safety training and any additional job specific safety training.
Report all safety incidents (injuries and illnesses) into the company’s risk management system (Origami Risk) on the same day that the safety incident has been reported to you.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.