About the Job
Founded in 2008 as a hospitality management company, Legends has transformed into a holistic experiential services agency with more than 1,200 full-time and 30,000 seasonal team members globally. Legends has three core divisions operating worldwide: Global Planning, Global Sales and Hospitality, offering clients and partners a 360-degree platform to elevate their brand and execute their vision. Currently, Legends works with marquee clients across business verticals including professional sports; collegiate; attractions; entertainment; and conventions and leisure. We are the industry leaders in designing, planning and realizing exceptional experiences in sports and entertainment.
Legends is the official food and beverage partner of Prudential Center, a world-class sports and entertainment venue located in downtown Newark, New Jersey. Opened in October 2007, the state-of-the-art arena is the home of the National Hockey League’s (NHL) three-time Stanley Cup Champion New Jersey Devils, Seton Hall University’s NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball program, and more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events each year. The partnership includes overseeing Prudential Center’s food and beverage program development and management for concessions, suites, and premium areas for all game days. It also includes concerts, non-game days, special events, and any food and beverage related activations. Join us in elevating the fan experience through unparalleled guest services and pride to make Prudential Center one of the premier arenas in the NHL.
The Executive Chef for Legends at the Prudential Center reports to the VP of Operations, and is responsible for managing/overseeing production, operation, and sanitation aspects of all culinary and stewarding operations throughout facility.
- People and product focused hands on management of day to day operations of all food outlet kitchens.
- Managing associates utilizing Sous Chefs and Lead Cooks through planning and scheduling of work assignments and performance development. Administers corrective counseling process, training and development, appraisals, payroll accountability.
- Plan innovative menus, maintaining financial responsibility for the menu mix. Analyze menu and food costs and the preparation of cost and quality efficient menus/specials. Prepare reports regarding food and menu analysis.
- Prepare cost saving annual budgets and ensure all fiscal responsibilities are met.
- Oversees the sanitation standards of all kitchens to assure compliance with local health department standards and company standards.
- Oversees all culinary employees to achieve budgetary, food quality and customer service expectations.
- Must have the ability to make effective use of available resources, including time, labor and materials, and adjust methodologies to maximize productivity.
- Cross-train those within the department while encouraging, reinforcing and supporting your peers and team.
- Demonstrates competent product knowledge by correct storing and handling of all perishables, maintaining quality, security, value and integrity.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum three (3) years as an executive chef in a high-volume food industry.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as an executive sous chef in a high-volume full-service food operation.
- Proven track record in improving kitchen efficiencies, quality, food and labor costs.
- Must have a degree or certification from an accredited culinary arts institute, or apprenticeship certification from the American Culinary Federation.
- Must have excellent managerial, financial analysis, team building and communication skills/customer service.
- Must have knowledge of kitchen sanitation, operation and maintenance of kitchen equipment.
- Must be detail-oriented and extremely organized with the ability to learn new programs and procedures quickly.
- Must be proficient on Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be flexible to work extended hours due to business requirements including nights, weekends and holidays.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking diverse, qualified candidates to join our team.