About the Job
Legends is a holistic agency that specializes in delivering solutions for legendary brands. We approach each project with our 360-degree service solution. Our Global Planning, Global Sales, and Hospitality service solutions collaborate on every project to ensure success across each of our six verticals including professional sports, collegiate, attractions, entertainment, international, and conventions.
Our intellectual property is our people. It's our expertise that makes up Legends. We know what it's like to be on the team, business, or athletic department side, which drives our passion in creating solutions for our partners. Collectively, our leadership has over 300 years of experience in sales and sponsorship, analytics and valuation, hospitality and operations.
Legends is the official hospitality partner of Monmouth Park. The partnership includes overseeing the Monmouth Park food and beverage program development and management for concessions, parterres, and premium areas for all live racing days. It will also include any non-race days, special events, and any food and beverage related activations for the track. Join us in elevating the fan experience through unparalleled guest services and pride to make Monmouth Park a premier destination for horse racing.
Monmouth Park Bartenders are responsible for positive guest interactions while accurately serving beverages to guests in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Greet guests, take beverage orders directly from guests
- Serve beer, wine and other bar beverages as ordered and in compliance with company standards
- Ability to mix drinks on event days that require specific menu
- Maintain bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation and promotion of beverages
- Check identification of guests to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol
- Handle an assigned bank and follow all cash handling procedures
- Collect payment for drinks served and balance all receipts
- Ensure that the assigned bar area is fully equipped with tools and products needed for mixing beverages and serving guests, prepare inventory or purchase requisitions as needed to replenish supplies
- Assure par levels are fully stocked prior to opening, assist in restock at the end of shift
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of food and beverage products, menus and promotions
- Maintain a clean working area by sweeping, dusting, cleaning of doors, etc. as needed
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Keep work area clean and organized
- Attend mandatory meetings
- Perform general cleaning tasks to adhere to health and safety standards.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to work long hours and flexible shifts including: mornings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Experience as a bartender for at least two years
- Must be able to create and serve drinks in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently or in a team during set up and execution of service
- Willingness and drive to exceed the guest expectations
- Ability to work in an open aired environment during all climate conditions
- Must be personable, friendly and welcoming.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to transport up to 50lbs on a continuous basis
- Practice safe work habits, follow all safety policies and procedures and regulations, complete company-wide safety training and additional job specific safety training