Adjunct Faculty, Hospitality and Service
About the Job
THE LOS ANGELES HOSPITALITY EDUCATION CENTER
The Los Angeles Hospitality Education Center (LAHEC) is located at the Hollywood Park Entertainment District, currently under construction in Inglewood, CA. This district is a 298-acre urban village anchored by the region’s newest shopping street, restaurants, and multiple major sports and entertainment venues. The village will include two million square feet of Class A commercial space, 2,500 modern residences, a 70,000 seat National Football League (NFL) stadium, 6,000 seat performing arts venue, and 25 acres of public parks.
Our programs are designed to provide market-driven, competency-based education delivered by faculty with appropriate credentials and industry experience. The programs enable graduates to gain entry-level employment in the hospitality industry at living wages with opportunities for advancement in the food service industry.
We take great pride in preparing our graduates for a variety of careers in the food service industry. This preparation is accomplished through practical experiences in state-of-industry kitchens and learning labs including simulated situations with real-world production applications.
Educate students with skills, knowledge and abilities through hands-on instruction by delivering a designated curriculum using lecture, explanation, demonstration and execution. Be a positive role model for students by focusing on innovated methods of teaching and providing the most complete culinary instruction and training by adhering to all published school policies.
Subjects include: Dining Room Operations, Wine & Spirits, Bartending, Nutrition, Purchasing, Cost Control, Sanitations and Safety, Customer Service, and Environmental Sustainability
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for executing the designed curriculum consistent with the policies of the Los Angeles Hospitality Education Center.
- Plans and conducts classroom activities consistent with the curriculum.
- Maintain accurate attendance and grading records in a timely manner set forth by school policy.
- Utilize the school’s academic software to communicate with students and staff.
- Work closely with the Director of Education.
- Follow procedures for the issuing and requisition policy from the storeroom.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and demonstrates good relations with students, staff and faculty.
- Maintain a clean, safe and secure environment.
- Attend all faculty meetings.
- Participates with planning and execution of all student recruitment and retention activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must have completed a Culinary Arts or Hospitality Management program. An earned Associate Degree or higher from a recognized educational institution in Hospitality Management is preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Dining Room Manager, Director of Food & Beverage or Maître D’ or related field.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Certified Sommelier preferred.
- Valid TIPS or ServSafe Alcohol credential.
- Valid ServSafe Manager credential.
- Computer literate with MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to the organization’s mission and objectives.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is required to stand; sit; use hand and fingers; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, with the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee will be required to use cutlery and hot and cold kitchen equipment specific to the foodservice industry.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.