Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Certified Respiratory Therapist CRTT today with Las Palmas Medical Center.
Las Palmas Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Certified Respiratory Therapist CRTT. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Knowledge of patient responses to medication, side effects and proper dosages used in respiratory therapy. Able to communicate effectively with physicians, patient, nursing and other allied health practitioners, other managers, the public and administration. Ability to teach/instruct, assess and reassess others as needed. Recognizes and reports patient abuse and neglect. Basic knowledge of dynamic and static pulmonary function values and knowledge of generally accepted practices in respiratory care as prescribed by the physician for all age groups. Demonstrates knowledge in the delivery, setup and maintenance of respiratory therapy equipment based on routine and non-routine applications. Performs patient assessment and recommend appropriate therapeutic and diagnostic modalities per department protocols. Responsible for establishing and assisting with maintenance of arterial lines.
- Uses knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, and emergency procedures to provide safe and effective respiratory care.
- Maintains infection control techniques at all times.
- Assists in providing in-services for peers and staff at least four times a year and as assigned
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers
- Participate in Quality Improvement activities as assigned
- Implements Access and Treatment protocols
What qualifications you will need:
- BLS provider (American Heart Association standards).
- Registered by the National Board of Respiratory Therapy CRRT
- Current Texas Respiratory Care License
- Associates degree or equivalent
Las Palmas Medical Center is a 300+ bed full-service hospital in El Paso. It is home to the region’s only kidney transplant center. The facility offers a range of services including emergency care with a Level III trauma center, cardiac care, women’s services, pediatric care and NICU, cancer care, and more. Las Palmas Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Certified Respiratory Therapist CRTT opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.