Director of Communications
Lansing Pharaohs Lansing, MI
About the Job
Who are the Lansing Pharaohs:
- Lansing’s newest professional sports team is arriving in our community ready to take on all opponents in The Basketball League (TBL) starting in the spring of 2022! The pro sports start-up is led by Chris Jackson and other local business leaders with plans to grow roots in our state capitol. The team will host home games here in Lansing and then represent our community in road games across the nation. With plans to be the league’s flagship franchise, the Pharaohs are now seeking “Rockstar” performers to fill out several positions on the staff.
- Serve as the primary media contact for all sports related issues;
- Maintain an up-to-date website by updating the directory, staff bios, team rosters, student-athlete bios, schedules, statistics, policies and forms, when changes occur;
- Maintain archives of all team and individual records and statistics;
- Manage or oversee appropriate staff member to manage department’s social media accounts, posting on a regular basis to all accounts, as well as in-game posts for home and away events, when appropriate;
- Oversee production of all sports related published materials - i.e., schedules, advertising, photos, etc.
- Work closely with the Director of Tickets to develop and implement promotional incentives for game attendance (i.e., raffles giveaways, half-time contests, etc.), if appropriate;
What you bring to the team:
- Desire to grow a career in the professional sports industry.
- Demonstrate a great attitude in all duties year-round.
- Show strong interest in learning to sell and build relationships with local business leaders.
- Ideally, 1-3 years of experience in sports management and/or business-to-business sales.
What we provide:
- An opportunity to use the team as a springboard into a long-term career in sports at this and even higher levels.
- Comprehensive training in all aspects of the job.
- A competitive salary for entry level pro-sports positions.
- A generous commission structure.
- A comfortable and professional office space and atmosphere.
- A true team environment for staff to enjoy and grow within.
- A successful applicant should expect to earn a total compensation package of approximately $22,000 - $35,000 during the first year of employment.