Team Lead- Merchandise
About the Job
The Merchandise Team Lead will oversee the coaching and developing of retail associates at Kings Dominion. This role is a great resume builder as it provides the opportunity to gain valuable skills in cash handling, guest service, training and development, and leadership. For this position we are seeking someone that is energetic, positive, and eager to learn.
The hourly pay rate for this position is $10.75 an hour, plus the fun benefits of free park entry for yourself, the opportunity to earn admission tickets for your friends and family, as well as awesome employee appreciation events!
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Available to work 35-40 hours a week during summer season.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Coach and develop associates on job performance and have developmental discussions as necessary.
- Train new associates on the job for tasks including, register procedures, cleaning, stocking, and guest engagement.
- Ensure that associates are adhering to departmental and company policies and procedures and enforce policies when necessary.
- Ensure associates are providing exceptional guest service. Provides discounts or refunds as needed.
- Ensure that all associates are preventing violations of labor laws for 15 year olds.
- Executes an operating plan for the assigned location that emphasizes proper associate placement.
- Ensure opening/closing procedures are followed for assigned locations.
- Resolve guest concerns, investigate and provide recommendations to correct reoccurring guest service issues.
- Complete inventory procedures including, writing inventory transfers, inventory damages, and other tasks as needed to maintain inventory integrity.
- Maintain visual displays, focal tables, and design elements as directed in assigned locations.