About the Job
Kings Dominion has an opening in its Park Maintenance Division as a Plumber. This position works closely with the plumbers team in various water and plumbing locations throughout the park. This is a Full-Time oppportunity that comes with our benefits package!
- Must have a standard plumbing license
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum 3-5 years related experience in the plumbing field, or a school equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must have working knowledge of plumbing codes.
- Themed amusement park experience a plus.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Driver’s license required.
- Ability to pass a mandatory or random drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Ability to read plans a plus.
- Ability to work with tools, two-way radio, various office and shop equipment, soldering equipment, hand and power tools, machinery etc.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment including steel toe shoes.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Installs (placement, position, connect, inspect, test) all plumbing equipment, including cutting pipes, digging trenches, hanging fixtures, testing braces and soldering according to manufacturer’s and Kings Dominion standards. Repairs and maintains all plumbing equipment, including inspecting and evaluating for proper function, cracks and erosion, according to local code and Kings Dominion standards.
- Maintains cleanliness / safety in assigned work area, performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines / requirements, and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision.
- Maintains underground water lines, storm drains and sewers, including unclogging and keeping proper flow.
- Maintains all water rides and keeps water quality at local codes, including testing water and adding chemicals. Documents water treatment techniques, water quality, & meter readings.
- Performs preventative maintenance (planned internal inspections) on water rides and plumbing installations as needed. Performs service checks on plumbing equipment per manufacturer and Kings Dominion standard. Documents preventative maintenance and keeps a recorded log. Troubleshoots, diagnoses and repairs malfunctions using schematics and test equipment. Maintains lubrication schedules (grease and oil).
- Responds to maintenance checks and repairs.
- Assists in parts ordering, maintains inventory and monitors to ensure operation remains within budget guidelines.
- Keeps abreast of current trends and practices in field of expertise. Makes recommendations based on new developments and trends.
- Assists with various other maintenance crews when needed to complete a task or trouble shoot a problem.
- Adheres to all park policies and procedures, including attendance and EEO policies, and demonstrates commitment to customer service in all aspects of employment.
- Other duties as may be assigned.