Human Resources- Learning and Development Senior Training Instructor
About the Job
Are you ready to jump on track with an amazing opportunity in Human Resources as part of the Learning & Development team? Kings Dominion is hiring a Learning & Development Senior Instructor!
This position has a starting wage of $15.00 an hour, plus the fun benefits of free park entry for yourself, the opportunity to earn admission tickets for your friends and family, as well as awesome employee appreciation events!
• Prior training, instructor, public speaking, or coaching experience required.
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree (or actively in progress) preferred especially a degree in an educational, training, organizational, or business field.
• Prior leadership, supervision, or management experience a plus.
• Prior instructional design or class/course/presentation building a plus.
• Prior theme park or service industry experience a plus.
• Flexibility with scheduling and an ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
• Strong presentation/public speaking skills as well as confidence with speaking in front of large groups for long periods of time.
• Ability to provide exceptional service when interacting with Associates, coworkers and others.
• Ability and confidence to coach, counsel, mentor, and influence Associates, coworkers, park Leaders, and others.
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of using Microsoft Office products.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work independently of frequent supervision.
• Ability to work in fast-paced and rapidly changing office/theme park environment.
• Flexible and willing to gain a broader knowledge of Human Resources procedures.
• Firm understanding of the different facets of Human Resources and how they function as well as collaborate with each other.
• Willingness to assist in the park with instruction and training opportunities as well as to assist park operations when/where needed.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Possess a current and valid driver's license and submit it upon request.
• Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
• Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
• Be a positive culture champion for the park and the HR division.
• Instruct and lead classes in both classroom and virtual settings for Associates/park Leaders.
• Facilitate and lead Associate/park Leader discussions, focus groups, and solo/group activities.
• Organize, facilitate, and assist with trainings taught by other instructors or representatives.
• Motivate and instill in Associates/park Leaders positive service focused expectations and understanding.
• Provide class/course feedback to help refine and enhance park offerings.
• Assist with creating, developing, and modifying class/course content to ensure it is both up to date and effective in what it is trying to accomplish.
• Assist with scheduling as well as coordinating with departments for these trainings and any follow up upon employee completion.
• Set up individuals for required online courses and provide any assistance needed with regards to questions / technical difficulties.
• Assist and direct record keeping, auditing, payroll, and reporting for employee compliance with completing required classes/courses.
• Assist and direct with in-park compliance and auditing requirements/reporting.
• Help manage inventory stock levels, supplies, and their proper storage for the team.
• Ensure compliance with company policies and legal regulations/guidelines.
• Assist in other areas of the Human Resources division as needed as well as in the park if the business requires.