Pool Club Manager
About the Job
Seasonal Full Time Position
The Tanenbaum Family Pool (TFP) Manager is under the supervision of the Director of TFP of Commonpoint Queens. The main focus of the position is to help develop and expand the programming at the pool and oversee the day to day operations of the pool club. Our main goal is to create a safe, nurturing, fun-filled experience for all of our members and guests.
- To create a fun-filled, exciting, and safe environment for our members, guests and staff.
- Increase membership by fostering a community that offers various activities and programming for all ages.
- Increase overall income and revenue for the pool club.
To plan, direct, and supervise all of the TFP members, staff and guests.
The Manager of TFP
- Work with agency leadership to define and develop a business plan for growth at the pool club.
- Be responsible for the management and administration of TFP including staffing, training, and budgeting.
- Ensure the safety of all members and guests.
- Help to expand our current membership at the pool club.
- Be responsible for helping acquire contracts for vendors and making sure all contracts are adhered to as written.
- Originate and carry out a system for recruiting members and staff utilizing brochures, telephone calls, reunions, etc.
- Prepare and conduct pre-pool, post-pool, and in-service staff training.
- Order or supervise the ordering of supplies and equipment, and arrange for proper distribution.
- Set and supervise office staff with the help of the office manager.
- Develop routines, schedules, and procedures for day to day operation of lifeguards, gate staff, and maintenance staff.
- Assign staff activities and other responsibilities.
- Supervise and evaluate all operations and program staff.
- Maintain and review records and evaluations of all programs, operations, staff, and facilities.
- Define and monitor a crisis management plan, including emergency procedures.
- Monitor safety and all procedures as they pertain to the complete supervision of all members and guests.
- Help provide an atmosphere for developing good morale and well-being among the membership and staff.
- To implement all NYC Department of Health regulations and any other governing body in order for the facility to be up to date on all permits as necessary.
- To maintain a clean and presentable place for all members and guests by utilizing a maintenance staff to its full capacity.
- To understand and have knowledge on pool operations including backwashing, chlorinating, vacuuming, and cleanliness of the pool.
- Oversee all hired vendors to make sure their work is complete and properly done in accordance to the terms and conditions we set forth.
- This job begins immediately upon hire. This job entails working various days and times, including weekends and holidays.
- May 1st-June 25th: 20 hours a week;
- June 26th-September 6th: 40 hours per week;
- September 6th-September 30th: 20 hours per week
- Bachelor's Degree
- Certified Pool Operator Certification
- Current Lifeguarding, CPR, and First Aid Certifications
- At least five seasons of pool club experience (i.e. management, lifeguarding, etc.)
- Ability to supervise staff members and guests
- Ability to meet the public
- Ability to plan, originate, organize, and carry out daily and special programs.
Specifics for Physical Requirements
- Walking around the pool deck and the facility for most of the day
- Carrying objects when necessary
- Meetings at our Bay Terrace Site