JCC Association Scottsdale, AZ
About the Job
- Create lifeguard schedules and assures that the pool will have adequate quota of lifeguards needed for all activities held at the pool. Works closely with the Events Managers and the Youth department for all activities at the pool.
- Holds monthly and weekly audits of lifeguards and conducts regular active EAP's approved by our security team.
- Schedules yearly lifeguard training classes and is in charge of LGI's certifications and schedules.
- In charge of all J Lifeguard's certifications and assessments for personnel files.
- Creates bi laws for all lifeguards to maintain active surveillance of the pools, splash pad, and activity areas.
- Has knowledge of and can train lifeguards on all emergency procedures and responds to emergencies in accordance with the policies and procedures. Completes all reports as required.
- Maintains effective, positive relationships with the members, participants and other staff.
- Maintains chemical checklists, inspection lists for pool facility unsafe or broken equipment to include hazardous conditions.
- Attends staff meetings as required.
- Creates customer service training and member experiences for all new and existing J lifeguard staff.
- Dress appropriately for all shifts.
- Works closely with the Aquatics Director on budgets for wages, pool equipment, attire for staff, office supplies.
- Valid Lifeguard Certification required; (CPR) for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid and Emergency Oxygen.
Valid LGI Certification required.
- Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with the Red Cross standards.
- Must maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness at all times.
- Minimum age of 21.
- Finger printing and Background Check shall be subject to pre-employment or placement.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / DEMANDS
- Remains alert with no lapses of consciousness.Able to recognize noises and distress signals in the aquatic environment, including in the water and anywhere around the zone of responsibility.
- Meets strength and lifting requirements such as rescuing a swimmer out of the water from 50-300 lbs.
- Remains outside in 100+ degree temperatures for one hour shifts with rotations every 15-40 minutes. And able to climb and sit on guard chairs approximately six feet.
- Performs maintenance task which includes moving pressure hoses, sweeping and scrubbing bathrooms and pool tile, emptying garbage cans, cleaning, setting up, and breaking down tables, chairs including lounge chairs.
SAFETY: MUST PRACTICE AND PROMOTE SAFETY AT ALL TIMES
Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, the Lead Lifeguard is to maintain safe swimming conditions in the pools, around the deck, and surrounding areas. The Lead Lifeguard creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member and community safety.
Salary - $15-18 per hour based on experience - potential of salaried position