IPS is hiring! We are looking for a talented Project Director, Construction Management to join our industry leading Project Delivery and Construction team with our office headquarters located in Morrisville, NC. You will be responsible for oversight of multiple EPCMV Project Teams day-to-day execution within Regional Operations for project delivery organization. Focuses on the support of EPCMV and CM services sales, overseeing the detailed execution of projects by his teams from initiation to close out, development of staff and operational performance of division.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting the Regional Operations Director and / or Sr. Project Director, leads Project Delivery Team(s) activities including field services, safety, preconstruction services, procurement, estimating, cost and schedule and design assist subcontractor interface and integration into the overall EPCMV project delivery with the Design and Compliance Divisions.
- Supports the Regional Operations Director in the establishment of goals and development of the execution plan for the Project Delivery team(s).
- Periodically monitors performance versus project goals and implements corrective actions.
- Supports the Regional Business Unit Leader and / or Regional Operations Director in the business development functions for the Project Delivery group.
- Supports the Preconstruction, Project Controls, Procurement, Quality and Safety groups with work assignments and resources.
- Protects our corporation through application of prudent risk management techniques.
- Provides day-to-day direction of all project specific Project Delivery group operations, including preconstruction, estimating, procurement, project management, construction site management, and construction site safety.
- Oversees the development of Project Delivery group contracts and subcontracts, aggressively protecting corporate positions.
- Oversees project execution planning across all Project Delivery group projects.
- Oversees project estimating and budgeting across all Project Delivery group projects.
- Directs the Change Management process. Provides Work-In-Place analysis with the Project Services group.
- Assumes day-to-day responsibility for the hiring, training, and development of Project Delivery group staff.
- Works with Sr. Project Managers and Project Managers to resolve project cost, schedule, and quality non-conformances.
- Surveys and monitors construction sites as required to meet other responsibilities.
- Meets with clients as required for additional responsibilities. Serves as secondary point of contact to Sr. Project Manager and/or Project Manager for clients.
- Leads the execution of Project Delivery group systems, procedures, and policies.
- Reviews project performance with Project Delivery group staff on a periodic basis.
- Directs Project Delivery group activities to ensure achievement of budgeted revenue and profits.
- At the request of the Regional Operations Director or Sr. Project Director and as needed, participates on IPS' Project Management Team to develop project execution strategy.
- Coordinates with Regional Operations Director and Regional Business Unit Leaders and other IPS Divisions Leadership to optimize achievement of overall corporate objectives.
- Evaluates Project(s) resource requirements and manages Project(s) staff levels to support those requirements.
- Trains project assignees on good project management techniques and develops skills of all assigned personnel.
- Assures that utilization targets are met for the Project Delivery group in the Region.
- Supports project/client development process with presentations and related marketing activities.
- Coordinates with Regional Business Unit Leaders and Operations Directors of other IPS divisions to pursue business opportunities.
- Prepares and supports Regional Operations Director in preparation of Project Delivery proposals.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS /WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or a related discipline or an equivalent technical degree.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in Project Delivery or a related discipline. Demonstrate significant experience both in terms of industry knowledge and positions of leadership.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT AND SAFETY
- This position will have 25% travel, or as required by the assigned project. Position may be assigned to client site for an extended period of time. Overnight travel or staying in the city of Client’s location is possible depending on assignment. Please review IPS Travel Policy. Position will visit Client sites and will be required to adhere to stated safety rules. Position will visit construction sights and will be required to take site safety training and adhere to site safety rules.
- This position is a safety sensitive position. The employee is considered a field contractor supervisor and acts in a supervisory role for field work. For IPS employees or subcontractors.
Must exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit by consistently seeking new opportunities to add value to the organization.
Must strive for excellence in all aspects of job performance.
Must approach their work enthusiastically with a contagious energy and drive that shows everyone they love what they do.
Must display creativity and innovation by continually working to improve solutions, tools, methods and service delivery system.
Must conduct oneself with an uncompromising commitment to the welfare of our clients, the IPS Organization, subcontractors and vendors.
Must act in an ethical, professional and respectful manner at all times.
Must exhibit the ability to build and sustain long term relationships of mutual value through teamwork.
Must be driven to succeed and committed to goal attainment.
IPS-Integrated Project Services is a global leader in developing innovative and cost effective solutions for the engineering, construction, commissioning and qualification of complex pharmaceutical and bio-tech research and manufacturing facilities. With technical expertise spanning R&D to pilot-scale to large-scale production, our team specializes in the technology, trends and regulatory environment to successfully deliver capital projects and improve operations. For over thirty years, we have applied unique LEAN methodologies throughout the project life cycle, continually finding ways to do things better and more efficiently, delivering higher quality and controlling costs. Headquartered in Blue Bell, PA, IPS is a multi-national company with over 1,500 professionals worldwide and offices in California, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Brazil, Canada, China, Ireland, Singapore, Switzerland, Germany, United Kingdom and four locations in India. Visit our website at www.ipsdb.com.
Process Architecture, Process Design, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning, Qualification, LEAN Project Delivery, Strategic Master Planning, Energy Conservation Management, Project Controls, Program/Project Management, Operations/Logistics Strategy and Planning, EPCMV and Staffing Services.
IPS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of protected veterans (M/F/D/V).
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: IPS is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with IPS. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at IPS via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at IPS in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of IPS, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by IPS as a result of the referral or through other means.