High Lakes Health Care - Upper Mill, part of Praxis Health, is looking for a Scheduling Coordinator with On-The-Job Training provided!!
We are looking to add a key player to the front office team, who will play an integral part in making sure patients get the care they need. We are looking to hire a rock star; someone who learns quickly, works hard, pays attention to detail- and if you’re an overachiever, bonus points! This job is located behind the scenes at the clinic, with your patient interaction being mainly over the phone, but with the patients’ care at the center of all the decisions you make! We expect that the ideal Scheduler will be eager, professional and represent our providers and our brand with ease as the voice of our clinic.
This position is customer service and patient care intensive, so we are searching for someone who is comfortable and willing to explain procedures, making even the most nervous patient or family member feel comfortable over the phone.
If this sounds like you, please reach out and let’s chat! You might be exactly what we’re looking for!
- Must have an aptitude to learn and love to help people
- Must be someone who thrives in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Must have exceptional customer service skills, be highly organized, and detail oriented
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8am - 4:30pm
- Medical, Dental, Vision with In-Network & Custom Network discounts
- 401(K) with discretionary employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Free clinical diagnostic laboratory testing performed in house
- Strong performance and attendance may result in a six-month and annual pay increase!
Praxis Health is a thriving, patient focused organization with clinics scattered across the beautiful state of Oregon. You likely know us as High Lakes Health Care, Aspen Mountain Dermatology, Pacific Crest Neurology, Urology Specialists of Oregon, Cascade Gastroenterology, or Desert Orthopedics. Our organization was voted the "Best Medical Organization in Bend" 5 years in a row, through the Source Weekly in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022! We want to add members to our team who will engage with our mission of working toward healthier patients, lower cost healthcare and happier medical teams.
Essential Job Functions:
- Consecutively and accurately fills open appointment slots, in order to maximize provider schedules.
- Schedule appointments according to accurate appointment reason codes and provider-specific rules.
- Collect and/or confirm patient demographics and insurance details.
- Routinely work recalls and waitlists to keep provider’s schedules full and patients optimally scheduled.
- Proactively monitor provider’s schedules for accurate scheduling adherence.
- Adheres to the company’s phone handling competencies.
- Schedule appointments according to payer measures and government program requirements, in order to maintain an emphasis on patient outcomes.
- Monitors and responds to internal communications, including but not limited to tasks, emails, phone calls, instant messages, and newsletters (as applicable).
- Understands the importance and complies with our patient experience objectives.
- Understand and adheres to HIPAA, HITECH and Medicare compliance, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
- Reliable attendance and presence at work.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 1 year customer service experience
- Typing Skills: 35 wpm minimum
- Experience in a medical office setting preferred, but not required.
Praxis Health is a family of medical groups providing high quality healthcare throughout the state of Oregon. Our community-based clinics are the DNA of our business, providing better medicine, advocacy for our patients, and a satisfying and collaborative culture for our providers and staff.
The Praxis family approach is dynamically different than other healthcare companies in Oregon. We are not “big box” health care, but rather a company of small groups and clinics, of nimble micro-cultures that can quickly adapt to industry changes, as well as patient needs.
We have been serving communities across the beautiful and adventurous state of Oregon for over 50 years! And we are pioneers and thought leaders in the industry. Our commitment to innovative and operational excellence has allowed us to create healthcare solutions that are both cost-efficient and cutting edge.
Come see how healthcare is done right!
- Manual dexterity for office machine operation including computer and calculator; stooping, bending to handle files and supplies, mobility to complete errands for deliveries, or sitting for extended periods of time.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel, crawl, bend and twist as needed. Requires walking on non-level surfaces, inside and outside the office, throughout the day.
- Stress can be triggered by multiple staff demands and deadlines.
- Work is performed in an office environment. Involves frequent contact with staff and patients.
Praxis Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.