This role is open to candidates who currently sit in or are open to relocate to Camas, WA, Plano, TX, or Tampa, FL.
The IT Data Delivery Team is looking for a Business Intelligence Team Leader. You will report to the Vice President - Technology Business Services.
As our next Business Intelligence Team Leader you will:
- Manage a team that designs data warehouse, data marts, and reporting and analytics solutions for the Portfolio Management Group
- Align team actions with group and customer goals to provide meaningful results
- Develop employee career growth through coaching and stretch assignments
- Enforce data management and security procedures
- Monitor team workflow and facilitate prioritization, communication, and problem solving
The IT Data Delivery Team creates data solutions that allow many business groups to perform their jobs, gain insight into their own processes, and solve the problems they encounter while achieving their goals. Balancing the short-term needs of business groups with the long-term needs is essential to being a successful Business Intelligence Team Leader. You will inspire an experienced team to make our customers happy, by inspiring excellent service. We are building reliable, scalable systems to securely bring meaningful data, while following guidelines that comply with company and regulatory data handling practices.
As we continue to grow and evolve over the next few years, the team needs leaders who can manage workload and resources. You'll be involved in not just providing great service to the Portfolio Management Group, but also building the infrastructure we need to solve our future challenges.
We have a great team and we need a great manager to guide us forward.
Set and implement a strategy for data warehouse and data marts, business intelligence and analytics with a focus on enhancing end-user experience through self-service solutions, speed of delivery, and high-quality results
Prioritize work requests to meet business desires and needs by assigning staff and overseeing delivery
Lead the implementation of technical solutions focused on providing information, metrics and KPIs
Drive process around business intelligence development
Establish essential KPIs demonstrating efficient use of business intelligence tools and services
Partner with application, infrastructure, and information security teams to fulfill business intelligence and analytics needs of the assigned business group
Reduce risk to our organization by implementing governance and security controls in partnership with the Information Security and Enterprise Risk teams
Manage the team, including hiring and development, reviews, and terminations of a team of up to 10 employees
- 10+ years of experience with data warehouses, data marts, dashboards/reports, business intelligence, analytics, and related technologies.
- Experience driving technology improvement, developing and executing technology roadmaps, and delivering measurable improvements
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle, from strategy to development, deployment, and support
- Experience with business intelligence platforms, such as Tableau, Power BI, or equivalent
- Experience designing in major database platforms, such as Microsoft Azure Synapse and Analysis Services, Microsoft SQL Server/SSAS, Oracle, or equivalent.
- Familiarity with data warehouse modeling techniques