Reporting to the Real Estate Manager, as the Assistant Real Estate Manager, you will work to support your supervisor in all aspects of management for the assigned portfolio, with a specific focus on the financial piece. You will play a key role assisting and supporting the operations and financial responsibilities of the properties within the portfolio, providing various financial reports and accruals, re-forecasts, budgeting and reconciliations.
Managing our customer ticketing system and conducting property walk-through inspections will also be a central component to this role. Additionally, well look to you to help organize tenants events and oversee other special event coordination as needed.
More specifically, you will:
- Support the planning, budgeting and control of operating and capital expenditures.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets, forecasts, monthly reports, and variance reports, including accruals, journal entries, heavy financial reporting.
- Assist with accounts receivable and accounts payable, including collection of rent, accruals, payment of expenses, common area maintenance estimates, true-ups, reconciliations, compliance with lease terms, and preparation of all related documentation.
- Respond to customer requests and needs; coordinate efforts with Property Management and Technical Operation teams to resolve issues.
- Oversee selection and performance of vendor services, including preparation of requests for proposal and service agreements; monitor vendor performance against service level agreements.
- Schedule and facilitate maintenance with vendors and customers.
- Perform property inspections on a regular basis; make recommendations to maintain and enhance the assigned property portfolio.
- Maintain a strong relationship with the Asset Manager and Technical Operations team for the assigned portfolio to ensure that all corporate objectives are being met.
- Document and track all certificates of insurance from vendors and customers.
- Maintain accurate and pertinent information for vendors and customers.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Strong Property / Construction accounting background
- Data center experience
- Rudimentary knowledge/understanding of electrical and mechanical systems
- A bachelors degree in business, real estate, accounting or finance, preferred; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of three to five years of related experience in commercial property management and financial reporting.
- A proven track record of providing superior customer service.
- Strong understanding of financial terms and principles and the ability to analyze financial statements. You'll also have experience with financial reporting, accruals, and budgeting,
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office Suite.
- Familiarity and experience with Yardi or a similar property management software program.