Information Security, Senior Technical Lead
About the Job
At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
The Information Security Engineering Senior Technical Lead role is responsible for working with IT and business partners to capture requirements, develop user stories/action items, document all standard operating procedures and conduct training and knowledge transfer sessions with administration and operations teams!
This role will also perform verification and validation activities to ensure security tools and systems are configured in accordance with IT directives, policies, standards and industry best practices. As a Senior Technical Lead, you should have a proven understanding and experience ensuring compliance with security frameworks such as CIS.
The position will be responsible for conducting proofs of concept (POCs) for our Cyber Security organization to illustrate how cutting-edge technology can be incorporated and enhance Freddie Mac’s security posture!
The security engineering team is responsible for the overall architecture and engineering of Information Security Technology and platforms. The technology will include both COTS and FOSS tools on premise, in colocation facilities and cloud native environments.
Main duties include:
- Deploy infrastructure as code in cloud environments (i.e AWS);
- Automate manual processes with scripts; harden tool and system configurations;
- Conduct performance testing; conduct proof of concepts and provide well written feedback;
- Configure monitoring and alerting functions, backups, authentication and encryption.
This role will collaborate with security teams and security leadership to advance our technical capabilities and go from not yet to possible. In addition, you will define rational approaches to cyber security that support the needs of the business, and especially the IT organization.
- 10+ Years of overall IT Experience with emphasis on information security
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent work experience
- 6+ Years experience building and integrating systems
- Knowledge of Vulnerability Scanning and patch management
- Knowledge of web proxies
- Knowledge of cloud providers (Amazon Web Services, Azure and Google Cloud Platform)
- Knowledge of HTTP and web programming
- Experience with the change management process
- Knowledge of CloudFormation Templates, Terraform, Ansible
- Knowledge of secrets management and vaulting technologies
- Knowledge of cryptography and public key infrastructure
- Proficiency with Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Strong scripting and/or programming skills
- Proficiency with demonstrating API to complete tasks or create automation
- SQL and other query languages
- Network Security
- Log analysis software and techniques
- Familiarity with Agile and other project methodologies
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Demonstrable understanding of IT core services
- Ability to work and collaborate in a team environment
- Sense of urgency and able to apply a risk-based approach to prioritize work.
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively (verbally and written)
- Strong problem solving, decision-making skills and attention to detail
- Motivated to learn new technologies and identify process improvements and efficiencies
- Ability to adapt to change while continuing to deliver on assigned objectives
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.Time-type:Full timeJob Category:Information TechnologyFLSA Status:Exempt