Role Mission: A Data Management Internship (DMI) offers valuable and dynamic skill-based experience and exposure to the operations of an information systems department in a high performing educational system. The Data Services department is primarily focused on the successful maintenance and management of student data across the organization. This is done through our Student Information System (SIS), PowerSchool; by learning and leveraging its substantial resources we provide technical support to our customers (teachers, SIS Coordinators, Registrars, APO, Principals, etc.). This internship will provide the opportunity to learn the specific functions of data management as well as gain valuable leadership and communication skills by assessing the needs of our users and thinking critically to achieve ambitious goals.
The Data Management department provides services and support to IDEA Public Schools including, but not limited to:
- 1st and 2nd Level Help Desk support
- User management
- Maintaining data integrity
- Data Entry
- Program custom tools
90% of help desk tickets responded to within 48 hours and 100% closed within 5 business days.
- Responds and closes Help-Desk tickets on Zendesk
- Directs clients to submit Zendesk tickets when inquired by email
- Manages teacher change requests process
100% Beginning of Year (BOY) Readiness tasks completed according to BOY plans.
- Create and configure PowerSchool accounts for all staff by first day of school (FDOS)
- Partners with team members to ensure PowerSchool system readiness by FDOS
100% of data entry tasks completed by assigned due dates.
- Upload student photos within 48 hours of inquiry
- Audit and perform student data cleanup in PowerSchool by internal deadlines
- Creates tools to automate data processes
- Ongoing supervision and training will be provided by an assigned staff person with consultation available from an immediate supervisor.
- Evaluations will take place on a regularly scheduled basis as Department and/or college/university requirements dictate. Consultation will be available from the immediate supervisor.
- Mature, reliable, dependable individuals able to relate to a variety of persons.
- Ability to develop supportive relationships with clients while maintaining objectivity.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to assimilate numerous details into cohesive solutions.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks, following through to completion with minimal supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Knowledge and Skills
- Basic SQL
- Microsoft Excel
- 0-1 years of experience in any programming language
- Enrolled in a STEM degree program
Hours and Compensation
- 20 Hours Per Week
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.