About the Job
WE OFFER A $300 HIRING BONUS FOR JOINING OUR TEAM!
Grow With Us!
Hudson is North America's leading travel retailer. For over 30 years, Hudson has met the needs and wants of travelers in more than 1,000 duty-free, duty-paid, and food & beverage stores. We couldn't serve our customers, landlords, and partners in airports, commuter terminals, hotels, and casinos without the continued support of our greatest assets: our team members. We're dedicated to hiring and training exceptional team members, who are committed to serving the customer as the Traveler's Best Friend. We strive to ensure we're fulfilling our team members' career potentials through training, skills-development, and career pathways - as our team members grow and succeed both personally and professionally, so does Hudson.
What We Will Offer You:
• A seasonal rate of pay of $15.00 per hour
• A 20% off Hudson Employee Discount
• A 50% off Hudson Food & Beverage Discount
• A $300 hiring bonus for joining our team!
This Supervisor Job Is For You, If You Would Enjoy:
• Ensure that all store daily operating procedures are performed on a timely basis as required
• Promoting a corporate image of excellence through a strong work ethic,
• Leadership by example
• Providing the consistent delivery of excellent customer service and store visual presentation
• Maximizes sales through the development and supervision of sales associates.
• Working at the Jackson - Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport
Your Team is counting on you as a Supervisor to:
• Provide flexibility to work any shift, early morning or closing hour, any day of the week, including weekends & holidays
• Work a full-time schedule
Supervisor Key Duties:
• Conducts store opening/closing/ shift change procedures.
• Provides staff training.
• Performs all cash register preparation, float verifications, spot checks, verification of end-of-shift cash reconciliation's, void processing and deposits.
• Ensures that money is secured at all times and cash in excess of $500 is removed from the register for safekeeping.
• Ensures that daily counts on cigarettes, phone cards, newspapers, and other items as required are conducted consistently and that any discrepancies are reported immediately to the Operations Manager.
• Ensures that staff report to work on time, dressed in clean full uniform, including nametags.
• Ensures all sales associates are aware of daily sales targets.
• Ensures customers are greeted promptly and served by knowledgeable, well-trained associates.
• Demonstrates effective management of customer queuing
• Ensure telephones are answered in a consistent business-like manner and are used only for business-related purposes.
• Ensures that all staff tardiness and absences are reported to management.
• Ensures that sales associates are assigned daily duties and never congregate in the vicinity of the cash desk.
• Ensures that staff is aware of procedural changes and/or other latest memorandums.
• Ensures that staff are offering an up-sell/add-on sale to each customer.
• Has an in depth knowledge of products sold and ensures replenishment and proper rotation of stock on the sales floor.
• Ensures all damaged goods are returned to the warehouse properly tagged.
• Ensures that housekeeping standards are maintained (i.e. dusting, folding, replacement of burnt light bulbs, sweeping, mopping).
• Maintains an ever-vigilant theft and shoplifting awareness and enforces cash register and other policies controlling internal shrink.
• Consults and helps plan daily activities with General Manager/Operations Manager and other Supervisors; manages the activities of staff.
• Provides supervision and support to store staff.
• Works with on-site jobbers and sales representatives.
• Leadership qualities, interactive, and approachable.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment Time-management skills and multi-tasking abilities.
• Good problem-solving skills.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• One or more years of retail supervisory experience
Some of our company-offered benefits for you and your family include:
• Health & Well Being: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Various Personal and Parental Leave Programs
• Universal Life Insurance
• Retirement Programs & Matching Employee Contributions: 401K & RRSP
• Employee Recognition & Anniversary Programs
• Training, Development, and Growth Opportunities
• Tuition Assistance & Scholarship Programs
Hudson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals. All employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, military leave or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace in which we value diversity and unique experiences, backgrounds and identities.
All offers are contingent upon successful completion and passing of background checks and/or employment verification results.
Note to staffing agencies: Please do not contact Hudson (including the recruitment team or any hiring managers) regarding this position with candidates. If assistance is needed in filling any position for Hudson, a member of our recruiting team will reach out directly.