HR Director, Diversity and Inclusion
About the Job
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part a growing organization that empowers our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With our outstanding financial performance, leading market positions and the largest investment in innovation in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
This role is integral to our commitment to advance and accelerate diversity and inclusion within our workplace, and specifically within the group assigned. Working within the robust matrix, this Director will ensure our workplace is representative of the communities and customers we serve and that the environment is inclusive for all. The incumbent must lead through influence not hierarchical power to drive cultural and behavior change and advancement of an inclusive culture. This role requires excellent change management skills and the ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization. The HR Director of Diversity and Inclusion will be the business group’s subject matter expert and work collaboratively with the D&I CoE. Working with the business and HR broadly they will assess, determine and implement detailed and cohesive actions plan that aligns with the D&I CoE’s strategic plans to yield measurable progress in specific workstreams, including but not limited to: recruiting and placement, ERG maximization, targeted development plans, retention, management cultural accountability, etc. The leader will have the responsibility to drive inclusion systematically across the business group, including deeper diagnostics, hypothesis creation and validation and defining key actions to drive appropriate change in support of our corporate goals.
What will you do?
- Develops and delivers tailored best in class colleague inclusion and diversity roadmap that aligns with the D&I CoE’s strategic plan and that positively and measurably affects the culture, team, and colleague experience in support of the business group’s and company’s strategic business goals.
- Energizes and engages cross-functional and matrixed teams to achieve our vision, demonstrating a high-level of emotional intelligence, openness to change, and the willingness to merge ideas to bring forward the best solutions.
- Provides expertise, thought leadership and best practices to D&I issues and opportunities, while operating as an extension of the D&I CoE.
- Deliver a granular and comprehensive delivery plan for key priorities and interventions including increasing diversity representation within the leadership pipeline and delivering world class inclusion campaigns that deliver measurable progress on Diversity and Inclusion.
- Act as the D&I subject matter expert, ensuring knowledge is relevant and up to date across multiple diversity and inclusion strands.
- Work in collaboration with executive leaders, HR leadership, talent acquisition, talent management and head of D&I and others on identifying and minimizing the impact of any potential systematic barriers and enablers of diversity.
- Work in partnership with the communications lead to ensure the communications of key messages and milestones that are aligned to the wider D&I strategic plan and roadmap.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's degree required
- 8-10 years of progressively responsible experience in Human Resources at a global organization, delivering inclusion, diversity or HR projects.
- Ability to develop, analyze, and interpret data to drive systematic change and improvements
- Strong understanding of the talent process and succession practices.
- Proven ability to interact with multiple levels of leadership both internally and externally, and influence peers and senior management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong communication skills- written and verbal; ability to present to and facilitate audiences at all levels.
- Ability to travel as required for appropriate key meetings and forums (around 10% of the time).
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.