Registered Respiratory Therapist- Per Diem
About the Job
Employment Type:Part time
Description:Current State of Florida license as a Registered Respiratory Therapist from the Department of Health.
- Care provided is appropriate to the age of the patients served, as defined in the scope of service for the area of practice.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in the terms of the patients needs.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of growth and development
- Demonstrates an understanding of the range of treatment needed by patients.
- Evaluates patient therapies according to the Medical Necessity Guidelines and actively utilizes Therapist Driven Protocols.
- Documents relevant information in a neat and complete manner in the patient s medical record and departmental records.
- Notifies physician in a timely manner, when therapy does not meet criteria; it needs to be renewed or discontinued; or when patient refuses further treatment.
- Collaborates with other members of the health care team to coordinate patient s total needs.
- Performs floor care therapies and oxygen administration following proper policy and procedure.
- Provides inservice education in any area with specific knowledge
- Performs or assists with endotracheal intubation as indicated in a safe manner (performance requires specific competency)
- Performs endotracheal extubation as indicated in a safe manner.
- Maintains clinical competency for mechanical ventilation in adult critical care units.
- Able to perform arterial blood gas draws in a safe and effective manner from radial, brachial and femoral arteries.
- Able to analyze arterial and venous blood samples for accurate result reporting.
- Able to independently draw blood samples from arterial lines.
- Able to recommend various settings and modes of delivery of mechanical ventilation.
- Uses weaning/temporary ventilator management policies as requested or the need arises.
- Able to utilize pressure control ventilation and make recommendations with its use.
- Able to set up and maintain CPAP and BiPAP devices and has sound knowledge for proper use.
Graduate of a Respiratory Care program required.
Work experience in all aspects of respiratory care preferred.
Capable of performing all aspects of Basic and Advanced Clinical Skills as outlined in this job description within the probationary period of employment. Competency in NICU, blood gas laboratory, maintenance, PFT and bronchoscopy assistance is a plus.
Registration by the NBRC as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) preferred.
High School diploma or equivalent
Current State of Florida license as a Registered Respiratory Therapist from the Department of Health.
Current BLS Certification is required
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.