HCHFL_PATIENT ACCESS REP I_8140
About the Job
Job Description Details:
- Register patients by obtaining necessary and accurate financial and demographic information.
- Receive, investigate and respond to various inquiries and questions in a pleasant and helpful manner.
- Determine the financial status of the patient and or guarantor and complete all financial/insurance related functions and signatures.
- Communicate with third party payors, obtain insurance benefits and obtain insurance authorizations.
- Collect money due from patient at admission, or in ER setting, prior to discharge.
- Complete all necessary reports.
- Communicate with Case Management, Patient Financial Services and Self/Pay/Medicaid eligibility Team and all other departments when appropriate.
Experience & Skills:
- At least 2 years of experience/knowledge in registration process in a hospital based Patient Access or Patient Financial services area. Meditech experience preferred.
- Should possess extensive knowledge of intake and eligibility requirements for third party payors, Medicare, Medicaid and Managed Care providers.
- Must be able to use DDE system for Medicare eligibility, Availity System for commercial payors, Medifax system for Medicaid eligibility and HDX eligibility systems
- Excellent computer and communication skills.
- Pre-requisite typing test required.
- Certified Patient Account Technician (CPAT) preferred
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.