CT Tech, Per Diem - Radiology Department
About the Job
Employment Type:Part time
* Performs CT procedures accurately and proficiently with an understanding of protocols for
each exam. Knowledge in the proper use of the PACS and RIS systems in accordance with set
protocols and the manufacturer recommendations.
* Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of computer language and cross-sectional anatomy.
* Practices proper sterile technique. Adhers to infection control guidelines.
* Interacts efficiently, professionally and courteously with all contacts.
* Draws up requested medication/contrast media and accurately records the administered
amount and time as per the physician's orders.
* Adminsiters contracst media under the direction of a physician. Recognizes aigns of
contrast reaction and responds appropriately with appropraite action.
* Needles and syringes are disposed of properly and according to infection control
* Assists the radiologist with procedures; monitors vital signs.
* Independent judgment is used to perform these procedures at level not requiring constant
* Participates in departmental continuous quality improvement activities.
* Displays advanced knowledge of anatomy
* Verifies patient identification and orders proceding with any procedure.
* Functions as a Radiologic Technologist in the Diagnositic section as necessary (see
appropraite job description).
* Pratices radiation protection according to standard practice.
* Florida CRT Radiology license is required.
* ARRT is required
* ARRT (CT) is required
* BLS certification is required.
* Graduation from an accredited school of Radiology Technologist is required.
* Experience as a CT Technologist is preferred
* Excellence customer service skills is required
* Ability to effectively prioritize work and work under stressful situations is required.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.