Assistant Nurse Manager Heart and Vascular
About the Job
Employment Type:Full time
- Is knowledgeable of and ensures that supervised Associates are knowledgeable of applicable current compliance policies and procedures, laws and regulatory developments including their responsibility to comply with applicable laws, regulations and Holy Cross Hospital policies as a condition of employment, as well as reporting mechanisms such as the corporate compliance hotline.
- Ensures that Associates complete compliance orientation and ensures and arranges for ongoing specific risk training (applicable to the department) on a regular basis throughout the year.
- Provides appropriate assistance regarding monitoring techniques to reasonably assure compliance in supervised functional areas, including the submission of reports of suspect non-compliance to the Compliance Officer so that further evaluation can be performed.
- Responds timely to detect offenses, assists in the investigation and in the development and implementation of disciplinary and/or corrective action initiatives
- Schedules appropriate staff to perform scheduled procedures.
- Works with Director on staffing issues to assure department needs met.
- Approves incremental overtime and permits staff to leave early to meet needs of department.
- Revises staffing as necessary throughout day to meet productivity standard.
- Completes and distributes staff work/call schedule monthly.
- Utilizes effective delegation skills in assigning duties to staff.
- Assures staff competencies for all Heart Lab/EPS Lab Procedures.
- Oversees staff documentation for accuracy and compliance.
- Assures rooms are prepared appropriately for procedures with necessary equipment/staff.
Functions in Heart Lab/EPS procedures as needed for skill mix, education or staffing.
B.S. in Nursing or related field preferred
Previous supervision of Cath Lab required
Strong leadership traits, as well as experience with staffing and scheduling.
Strong communication skills.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.