About the Job
A Purchasing Assistant / Clerk will support the negotiation of contracts, purchasing of required goods, and record-keeping as it related to transactions and vendor performance.
What will I be doing?
As Purchasing Assistant / Clerk, you will support the negotiation of contracts, purchasing of required goods, and record-keeping as it related to transactions and vendor performance. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Obtain competitive quotations for hotel requirements and ensure that the best product is sourced and purchased, using Group Nominated suppliers where applicable
- Ensure locally Nominated supplier information is kept current
- Manage the database of active local contracts with suppliers
- Ensure Purchasing Manual is current
- Adhere to quality procedures and standards and oversee purchasing administration such that all Hilton policies and standards are upheld
- Maintain a record of commitments for all budgets and ensure that the relevant senior managers are constantly informed of updates
- Ensure a comprehensive system for allocating and reconciling purchase orders
- Monitor all areas of purchasing including contracts, leases and nominations
- Prepare the month end accounts reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Execute on tasks/requests as instructed by the Hotel Management
What are we looking for?
A Purchasing Assistant / Clerk serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Strong financial knowledge and ability to work with budgets
- Computer literate, with good MS Excel skills
- Good time management and organisation skills
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience within the hotel/leisure sector
- Previous experience in a similar purchasing role
- Relevant degree, in Finance/Accounting or related business discipline, from an academic institution
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Our team are responsible for living up to the DoubleTree brand essence, to be Simply Welcoming. Our DoubleTree Icon, the warm cookie on arrival is just that, Simply Welcoming and a reminder of the comforts of home. Our culture of Creating A Rewarding Experience (CARE) binds our team together in their passion to make a difference to the stay of all of our guests.
As a DoubleTree by Hilton team member, you can expect to receive:
- A competitive industry wage
- Team member discounts on global Hilton room rates and generous discounts on food & beverage,
- Long term career development planning and opportunities, and
- An investment in your wellbeing to include flexible working arrangements that support you in making space for what matters most.